Morning, Gorgeous

Carl Grimes.
Imagine: You and Carl have been in a relationship for years, but the thought of going further had never occurred to you. It just wasn't something you thought about during the apocalypse.

Rick and Michonne had been kind enough to invite you over for dinner, and you had gladly accepted. After all, Rick was your long-term boyfriend's father. So, after leaving the house you shared with Glenn and Maggie, you made your way across to Carl's place. You were more than excited, for the first time since you had met Carl you were wearing a dress. Ron's mother, Jessie had leant you a pretty royal blue dress that fit you perfectly, and you couldn't wait for Carl to see you in the get up.

Politely, you knocked on the door. Carl opened the door, and his bottom jaw practically dropped to the floor. His bright blue eyes glistened as he looked at the dress, at your hair (Jessie had demanded you let her style it in a new cut) and the makeup you were wearing (thanks to Maggie). He quickly pulled you into a loving hug, "You look amazing, (Y/N)." He said in greeting.

"You don't look so bad yourself, Grimes." You replied, stepping into the house.

Carl closed the door before taking your hand and leading you into the kitchen, where Rick and Michonne were waiting around the dinner table. Michonne had dressed up too, and the two of you just stared at each other in shock, never having seen each other so dolled up before. Rick just laughed, "Glad you could make it. Let's sit down and eat, shall we?" He said, pulling out a chair.

All four of you sat down and began to eat the meal the two adults had cooked. You engaged in conversation with everybody, but spent most of the night watching the looks Rick and Michonne would casually give each other when they thought the other person wasn't looking. I hope they get together soon. You thought.

Dinner ended all too quickly, and when everybody stood up, you were the first to offer to wash up. At first Rick refused, but then Michonne reminded him that they had look out shifts that night and should probably get ready. So off they went, and you washed up the plates as Carl dried them.

It didn't take long to finish, and when you did Carl turned towards you and said, "Fancy staying a little longer?"

"I don't see why not." You replied, following him up the stairs to his bedroom. Carl had borrowed Ron's game console, so the two of you played a round of the video game Call of Duty: Black Ops. Carl had tastefully chosen to challenge you to a zombie round. You were both brilliant, obviously having real life experience. But eventually (after quite a few rounds) the game ended. You had both died.

"That's your fault!" You called, dropping the controller to the floor. "If you hadn't acted the hero and thrown yourself into the herd, we'd still be playing." You reasoned, crossing your arms and glaring at your boyfriend.

"Well, if you hadn't cowered in the corner, you wouldn't have died." He shot back, raising his eyebrows at you and crossing his arms too.

You scoffed, "Oh please. If I'm in a corner, it means none can sneak up on me."

"Yeah, but it means you can be cornered when you run out of ammo!" Carl retorted.

It was getting heated, but not too much. You both laughed and the tension dissipated. Gazing into his pretty blue eyes, you leaned over to him and closed the gap between you with a quick kiss. At least, you had planned it to be quick.

Carl didn't back away from the kiss, but instead leaned into it. Before long, you were completely entangled in everything Carl. You had moved to sit in his lap, your hands were in his hair, and your tongue was exploring his mouth.

Eventually, Carl pulled away. He looked up into your eyes, "(Y/N), I love you so damn much. And I want to love you the same way Glenn loves Maggie, like my dad loved my mom. But... I don't wanna rush anything if you're not ready." He whispered, a small blush on his cheeks.

"Carl Grimes, are you talking about what I think you're talking about?" You whispered back.

"I think so." He replied shyly.

"Then the answer is yes. We won't be rushing, because I love you too. I... I think I'm ready for this." And you kissed him again, but softer this time. It was a gentle kiss, one full of true love. Carl's hands gripped your waist and lifted you up so that you could both stand. He turned and sat you on his bed.

Gently, lovingly, you began to unbutton his shirt as he began to slip the spaghetti straps off of your shoulders. The two of you climbed into the bed, not wanting to be apart for much longer. You laid facing each other, locked in the sweetest, most romantic kiss the two of you had ever shared.

Carl brushed some hair from your eyes, "Are you ready? Because if you are, everything will be perfect." He muttered quietly, just loud enough for you to hear.

"No pressure, much." You laughed, "Of course I'm ready. I've never been more ready for anything as I am now." You said in reply, before he kissed you again.

.....

Sunlight filtered in through the window, forcing your eyes open. You looked to your right and saw Carl smiling at you from beneath the covers. "Morning, gorgeous." He greeted.

Everything came rushing to you as your heart skipped a beat. You had taken your relationship with Carl to the next level, and he had been right. It really was perfect. But then you realised you were naked in his bed... in Rick's house. How the hell were you going to get out without him noticing?

"Good morning." You said, before placing a gentle kiss on his soft lips.

Carl rolled out of bed and began to get changed. You followed his example and slipped on the dress from the night before. "Um, Carl?" You said, turning to face him.

"Yeah?"

"What am I going to do about your dad?"

Carl grimaced a little before nervously grinning again. "Oh, he already came in while you were sleeping. He knows, and I'm probably gonna get a right bollocking for it later. But I got my argument planned out: we used protection, you said you were ready, and I didn't force you into anything you didn't want to do." Carl said, chuckling slightly.

"Well, then we should probably go." You said, taking his hand in yours and walking downstairs. Rick and Michonne greeted you at the bottom of the stairs.

Rick smiled at you, but glared at his son. Whereas Michonne just smiled knowingly. You said your goodbyes and turned to leave. Before you reached the front door, Rick called out, "(Y/N), are you sure you don't want any breakfast before you go?"

"Oh, no thanks. I should get back to Glenn and Maggie. They're probably worrying." You explained, a hand on the doorknob. "I'll, um, see you later, Carl." You muttered.

"Wait one second." Michonne said before throwing an apple at you. You caught it and looked at her, confused. "It's a good "after fun" snack." She clarified.

You thanked her and left the house. Making your way back home, you bumped into Abraham, who was walking with Glenn. "Whoa, guys! Don't look! (Y/N) (Y/L/N) is doing the walk of shame!" Abraham shouted, making Glenn (and everybody else in the street) turn to look at you.

"Oh my god. I hate you Abraham. Hate. You." You said, before smiling at Glenn and skipping across to your house with a giant grin on your face.

It had been perfect.