Chapter 31//"Don't cry Cress, please Dawson don't cry"

Start from the beginning

"You're in a bit of a rush, I didn't even get a chance to check you out''

"I might have got some makeup on Daniel's car,"

He pushes me away lightly with his hands on my shoulders, he looks me up and down taking his dear sweet time.

"I've never seen anything more beautiful than you my love"

My heart completely melts at the 'my love', I look at him, but he's already pulling me along with him towards the hall.

"Why the dangerous look though," He asks me, I turn to him. I don't know it was like I was drawn to the dress. Like it was calling to me from the shop

"I just liked it" I shrug

"I just can't get over how good you look" He repeats as we enter the hall. It's more like a hotel but we have a main hall booked. It's different from the one the school usually hires but that was because the last one we had the food fight and we are never allowed back.

Elliott leans down and I think he's trying to kiss me, I quickly turn my cheeks so his lips land on my cheekbone. He gives me a weird look.

"Not the lips they match my shoes, I don't want you to ruin them"

"I'll never understand girls" He sighs, I look at him and my eyes look down at his soft lips, which are covered in a shimmery powder.

There's always this dangerous presence around Elliott, he's known as someone you shouldn't mess with. He's usually closed off from everyone, always hiding his problems with his humour. But when I'm beside him I feel like I know him, there are no secrets between us.

It's just Elliott and Crescent.

We stand at the top of the grand staircase, as we look down at everyone they stop to look back at us.

I lean closer to Elliott as we begin to climb down the steep steps in the grand hall; god it's hard to walk in heels.

"Crescent why are you even wearing heels?" He asks trying to help me get down the stairs without breaking my neck.

"Because you're so tall and I can never reach you" I huff. It's true. Girls love tall guy but there are many flaws to it.

"No point in reaching me, seeing as you won't even let me kiss you"

"After the pictures, I promise"

I let out a sigh of relief as I'm back on flat ground. Elliott laughs at me amused at how stressed out these heels make me.

"So Miss Crescent Bay Dawson can I have a dance?" He asks grinning at me, he runs a hand through his dark hair to get it out his face. He puts his palm forward for me.

I bring my hand to my cheek, to look like I'm thinking. "Well if you must insist Mr. Grayson but I must tell you, I can barely dance in flats let alone killer heels. I might send you and me to the hospital"

"I guess that's a risk worth taking then" He grabs my hand and pulls me closer to him so that I hit into his hard chest.

He sways slightly guiding me. We blend in with everyone else but I feel like it's just Elliott and me in the room. How cliche.

"Miss Bay Dawson, I'm must tell you again, how ravishing you look in that dress"

He brings his hand to my face to gently tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

I look into his blue eyes and think about how all the hate and anger I used to feel towards Elliott and how it led me to fall in love with him, without me even noticing. It was like one day I just opened my eyes and realised that I love him.