~9~

Hello. Another update! But..not much to say about this chapter. You'll see. Just read. ;)

Picture of Harry. >>>>>

Enjoy!

- Gabie :)

__________

Liam's POV

I woke up in a gray room built out of gray bricks. There was one window but showed a darker light outside, telling me the window was probably tinted. The only door to get in and out was made of iron and also showed it was too heavy and strong to break.

I was sitting down on the hard floor with my legs in front of me. I tried to get up and walk around but then realized that these long chains made of iron held my wrists, holding me against the wall.

I tried to remember what happened. I remember they temporarily killed Zayn. Then they gagged me and dragged me to a car. Then they held a cloth against my nose and mouth. They must have chloroformed me.

I was in pain. I couldn't even move my head because I had a headache so I rested it against the wall behind me. My chest hurt so breathing was a little difficult for me.

I coughed to clear my throat and wondered what was so special about me.

I'm nothing special. Before Zayn took me away I was studying in a small university in London. I lived with Niall in a small flat we owned. My biggest worry in life was getting through uni and hoping I could get a job.

Well here I am now.

Suddenly the door opened, revealing that Ethan lad from earlier and another lad I didn't recognize. He was a lot older, late thirties at least. He had the same blonde hair and brown eyes as Ethan, but his blue eyes were older and his blonde hair was darker. He was wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes, like he tried to show he was a younger age.

"Is this him?" He whispered to Ethan. "Yes dad. This is him. You can tell. He radiates power," Ethan replied.

He nodded as Ethan went to shut the door. The lad knelt down and looked at me, examining over my body. "You look like a deflector," he simply said as he stood up again. I gave him a confused look as he and Ethan grabbed chairs for me to sit on as well as them.

Stan then pulled me up and put me in a chair while Ethan and the other lad sad down.

"What's your name lad?" He asked. I glared at him. "Why do you care?" I asked with a harsh tone. "I wouldn't use that tone of voice. I can kill your boyfriend and mates with the snap of my fingers," he warned.

I groaned. "It's Liam," I replied. He smiled evilly. "That's more like it. I'm Stan," he said, holding out a hand. "I'm not shaking your hand. One because these chains are heavy and weighing down my wrists and hands. Two because you're the enemy, and I don't make friends with people who snap my boyfriend's neck," I retorted.

He pulled his hand back. "Sassy now aren't we?" He asked, surprised. I glared at him.

"You're sassy for a deflector. That's attractive," Ethan pointed out, smirking. "Don't even think about it. Only Zayn can think that," I told him. "Too bad. Zayn is dead, for now, and they won't be able to find you," Ethan told me.

Stan glared at Ethan. "Ethan, leave. I'll meet with you later," Stan sternly told him. Ethan shrugged and got up. He walked up to me, kissed my cheek, and walked out, closing the door behind him.

"Anyway. Liam, I would kill you on the spot because, well you know about us, but I need you alive, and Ethan has a crush on you as well. So it simply wouldn't be the greatest idea to kill you," Stan said. "Why am I needed alive?" I asked.

"You're a deflector," Stan simply replied.

"Everyone keeps saying that word. What is a deflector?" I asked.

"A deflector is a supernatural creature, like a vampire, werewolf, or witch. But deflectors are much more rare. A small percent of humans are born with this and usually aren't discovered until the age of ninteen or twenty. They are extremely powerful and have the force to wipe out any supernatural species."

I looked at Stan like he spoke German. "You're kidding," I simply said. He shrugged. "I'm not. I know you are a deflector. You radiate power like no other creature. You radiate more power than Zayn, and he gives off a lot of power," Stan explained.

"What does a deflector even do?" I asked.

"With practice and self control, a deflector can control massive amounts of unnatural power and elements. A deflector will and can control the four elements of nature and absorbing powers from any supernatural creature," Stan explained.

"Give me an example," I told him.

Stan thought for a moment.

"For example, your boyfriend Zayn. He can make others feel excruciating pain. Since he is a vampire of the Malik line, it could be harder. But of you concentrate hard enough, you could absorb his power and use it against him and other as long as his power doesn't leave your mind and as long as you concentrate on using it. In fact, being a deflector, you'll be able to use the power better than the person," Stan explained.

I widened my eyes at the thought. Being able use a power on a creature as Zayn...and being able to use it against them? Then having the ability to bring any supernatural creature to their knees?

I shook my head. "I-I get it, but I can't do that," I stuttered. Stan looked mad. "Why?" He growled. "I-I can't hurt people like that. They'll get hurt and will possibly die because of me, and I won't be able to deal with myself if I hurt anyone," I explained. "It'll be fine. Supernatural creatures have no human emotions so they don't feel anything," Stan told me.

I knew he was lying.

I glared at him. "You're lying. I'm dating Zayn, who is a vampire. Vampires have human emotions. You're trying to get me to change my mind." Stan raised his eyebrows. "You're smart for a deflector. Usually deflectors are ruthless and destructive, and believe me I've met quite a few. You're the calmest one out of all of them," Stan commented. "Well maybe because they were driven insane by you," I silently growled.

My face then softened. "Is it possible for me to lose control?"

"From what I know, yes. Your eyes will turn red, like a vampire, if you're using your power and are able to control it. If you lose complete control, you deflector side will take over, your eyes will turn black, and you'll destroy anything in your path, including your mates and the one you love. You won't have any control over anything your deflector side does until if someone manages to make you go unconscious," Stan explained.

I looked down to the floor. "That's awful," I quietly replied. "Liam, look up," Stan said. I looked up and met his blue eyes. "That's the side I want out of you," Stan said.

I widened my eyes.

"I'm not letting that side out of me," I spat in his face.

"You don't have a choice Liam. Plenty of us know how to train a deflector. We'll train you and you'll be able to control it. You will let you deflector side take over, and with your power, we'll rule over the supernatural world," Stan told me.

"I'm not going to. The blood of witches, werewolves, and vampires will be on my hands. Once I realize what I've done I won't be able to handle it. I'll go insane," I tried to tell Stan.

Stan then reached out, grabbed my chin, and held me against the wall behind me. "You are going to do what I tell you to do. You belong to me. You are going to do what I tell you to do," he growled, his eyes turning red and his fangs exposing themselves.

"I'm not doing anything," I whispered. "If you don't do what I tell you to do I'll tell Ethan and Michael to kill you precious boyfriend and mates right now," Stan threatened.

I growled and felt this new strength flow through my body. On impulse I grabbed him and threw him to the wall opposite of me. "If you touch Zayn or any of my mates I will end you," I threatened, feeling anger boil inside me, trying to break the chains holding me back.

I suddenly felt fire burn inside me, giving me power I've never felt before. I then looked at my hands and saw a fireball. "Liam, your eyes are red," Stan pointed out.

I suddenly stopped and the fireball disappeared. I felt a weird feeling in my eyes and I must have been my eyes changing back into the brown they were before.

I acted on anger. I threatened to kill Stan. This wasn't like me. This deflector business and talk really was changing me.

Stan just looked at me and smirked.

"Anger and love. That's what tiggers your deflector side. I guess I forgot to mention, you can chose when you want to use your power, but if someone wanted you to use it, and you didn't want to, there is one emotion that can trigger it."

"Like what?" I asked harshly.

"Like this one lad I met. He was deflector, like you. He had no one. He was alone. His parents and sisters had died. His girlfriend was murdered. All his relatives had died. He was a bit older than you, twenty two I think. His emotion was fear. We reminded him of his past and that triggered his deflector side. He didn't handle killing werewolves so much and died from insanity and using too much of it, but you gain some you lose some. I'll have to tell the rest of the Insider vampires that your emotions are anger and love."

I tried breaking the chains but it wasn't working. Stan got up and walked closer to me. "Whether you like it or not, you belong to me. You don't have a choice," he said.

With that, he exposed his fangs and red eyes and pierced my neck. He drank from me, draining me of my blood. I felt a massive amount leave my body. I could feel my heartbeat rapidly increase with the loss of blood in my system.

"Need I say your blood taste delicious. Deflector blood taste best," Stan whispered as he kept drinking.

And with that, I passed out.

Third Person POV

Stan lifted his head from Liam's neck. He retracted his fangs and lifted Liam from the chair and gently set him on the floor.

The fangs marks on Liam's neck quickly healed and left little white scars on his neck.

"Another fact about yourself Liam, deflectors heal just as fast as vampires."

Stan walked out and closed the door behind him.

"Dad, I heard all of that."

Stan turned to see Ethan leaning against the wall by Liam's cell. "Heard what?" Stan asked. "All of it. All that deflector talk. That the emotions that trigger it are anger and love.Don't forget I'm a vampire with vampire hearing too," Ethan said, shrugging.

Stan glared at Ethan while Ethan walked closer to him.

"Liam's love for Zayn is stronger than anything, and it's the same for Zayn as well. They've only been together a month but it's like they've been together for centuries. If we threaten Zayn, and mange to get Liam angry too, we can get him to do anything," Ethan suggested.

Stan smirked at his son. "I've trained you well Ethan. Tell the other insider vampires about Liam's emotion and your plan," Stan told him. Ethan nodded and ran vampire speed up the stairs.

Stan smiled evilly and walked up the stairs as well.

Liam was all his. All he has to do was get him to release his deflector side, and it would start from there.

Soon enough, the Insiders would rule over the supernatural world.

Now Stan just had to figure out how.