"How you doing Leslie?" He asked.

"I'm okay, just trying to get this girl back up and running."

I rolled my eyes. "Wanna go upstairs?" I asked him.

"Sure."

We went up to my room. I sat the flowers on my dresser.

"It's nice to see you and Leslie getting along." He said.

"Yeah, she's been helping me out a lot." I climbed on my bed.

"I'm sorry for my reaction when you came to the office. I just didn't expect to see you."

"It's okay."

"Thanks for the clothes."

"I see you wore one today." I tugged on his hood.

"Yeah." He did a nervous laugh.

Awkward silence took over. He just sat there playing with the string on his sweater.

Why was he so nervous? I'm the one that fucked up.

"Well I guess I should apologize to you in person. I'm sorry for what I did and said. Not having you around showed me how much I do need you. I was just been stubborn and hard headed."

"Addiction is a serious thing and I know it's hard to get over."

"What do you mean you know?" I asked.

He sighed and scratched the back of his neck.

"Nothing. Look I just came by to bring you the flowers and let you know that I accept your apology. Even though it took you three weeks." He stood up.

I was a little taken back by that last part. I felt like it was unnecessary.

"So you're leaving?"

"Yeah. I got a few things to take care of."

I just shook my head.

He walked out my door and slammed it a bit.

I got up and grabbed my crutches so that I could go into the bathroom.

He just started acting weird out of no where. I know he didn't just come by to drop off some flowers and leave.

So what's really going on?

I grabbed my phone and dialed his number. He answered before it could ring a second time.

"So are you really gonna do this? Just up and leave? You came here for a reason and I know it's way more than the two things you mentioned. I'm confused as to what just happened." I said.

He exhaled. "There's no reason to be confused."

"There really is! I thought you came here to work on us but you just up and leave."

"I just decided to come see you face to face since you came to me. That's it."

"So we're not working things out? I'm your assistant Chris, we can't be mad at each other and work together."