Chapter Seventeen

The adrenaline rush died down as I rested my head on my sister's breasts and looked up at the grand snake before us. I knew who it was, it was my Zodiac sign. I originally was a Sagittarius, but when I found out that astronomers discovered a thirteenth Zodiac sign, it fell on my birthday. Ophiuchus is the sign from November 30th to December 17th, the Serpent-Bearer. "Omnia...magna...stella...lex...prae..." The serpent chanted as I understood what she said. Remembering what Loke told me about complete freedom and how he needed the Celestial Globe, I need more answers from him, but to hear Ophiuchus say all for the king's sake. It confused me because of how much of this story I was missing: why are they revolting against Yukino and Lucy, what made them this way, and how did I play into this plan besides telling them where the globe was. "Mortuus es!" She glared at me as my eyes widened in shock, she's going to kill me.

"No!" Hisui screamed at the top of her lungs and caught the attention of Ophiuchus and ended with her turning on Hisui instead of me. Her life is more important than mine, she's the heir to the throne, I'm nothing, but a young girl who was taken in by the royal family of Fiore. I vowed to my father that I would protect her with my life and I'm going to keep that promise.

"Iron Rock Wall!" I conjured the one spell I learned from Jura over the years of fighting him and it protected her, I had no other spell that could've deflected the spell. Just using Earth Magic, there's so many defensive spells that exist. It's funny because I'm the earth Dragon Slayer and the only Earth Magic is the Lost Magic I possess. "I did it," I gasped loudly.

"Jolenta, you saved me," Hisui stared at me with widened eyes as tears welded in her eyes. She ran to me and hugged me, I held her close to me as she sobbed into my shoulder. "Thank you."

"Nice, two birds with one stone," Ophiuchus cackled as she shot another beam at us, but before I could react...the attack was deflected away from us as a sound of unsheathing an iron sword rang in my ears.

"You will not lay a hand on the princesses," Arcadios growled as I continued to comfort Hisui. "Get your sister to safety, I'll handle this."

"Understood," I nodded my head as I picked her up like the princess she is and set her to stand with Wendy, Charle, and Happy. "Stay here Hisui, Wendy please protect her."

"Yes Miss Nana," the young one nodded her head as she wiped a tear from her eye. "I'm so glad your alive," she grabbed my two hands and sent a pulse of energy into my body which healed every injury I've acquired from the recent events of today.

"Thank you, honey," I rested my hand behind her head and pulled her in to kiss her forehead. "I really do appreciate it."

"No problem," she blushed and smiled at me.

"Wah!" I heard Natsu's scream as his body came flying towards me, knocking the both of us to crash into a neighboring mountain.

"Ouch," I groaned in pain. "What the hell Natsu?!"

"Sorry, Nana," he winced as he rolled off me. He was burning hot, he had a horrid fever that sent his body temperature to sky rocket up into the high degrees that could even melt diamond. "That snake sent me flying, ugh, my stomach is killing me."

"I can tell, you smell like rancid fish and look like an inadequate bastard with a good looking body," I shakily stood to my feet and pulled him up. "Your flames were stained by darkness, what'd you eat?"

"Loke's flames–Ow!" He whined as I smacked him in the back of his head. "What was that for?"

"Someone had to do it," I sighed heavily. "Where's Loke?"

"I sent him back, I closed his gate," Natsu sighed along with me as we both looked up at Ophiuchus. "She's the problem now."

"We have to destroy the globe, that's the only thing we can do," I clenched my hands into two tight fists. "Natsu, is that Yukino and Lucy?" I gasped loudly as twelve gems revolved around the globe like the planets revolve around the sun.