Prologue

Legend:
• • • is a time skip (each time skip may occur after one thousand words within the chapter)
• • is a flashback (will be repeated at the end of the flashback indicating you are reading in the present time)

"Get the hell out of my guild!" Master Jiemma of Sabertooth growled at me as he continued to blast me around the room, I couldn't fight back because I knew I'd regret it immediately. "You couldn't complete one damn job and tarnished the name of our guild!"

"Sir, it was a hundred hear job. I couldn't do it, that dragon's nothing like my mother. Please, you have to believe me!" I begged as he picked me up by the neck. "Sir?"

"And you call yourself a dragon slayer? You're pathetic," Jiemma slammed me to the ground and stomped on my back when I would try to get up. "I knew I should've sent Sting in your place. Remove your clothing and I will remove your emblem."

"No!" I shouted at him as my fellow guild members gasped at my disobedience. "I'm not going to act submissive! Not anymore!"

"Orga," Jiemma called out to the god slayer. "I command you to strip her down and Rogue, remove her emblem."

"Yes master," I heard Orga reply as he grabbed the hem of my crop top and pulled it over my head. I quickly hugged my bare chest as he stripped me down to nothing.

"Rogue," Jiemma looked at the shadow dragon slayer and gestured him to do his deed. Rogue pulled on my left arm and pinched the skin where my green Sabertooth emblem was placed. I whimpered and squealed in pain as he removed it, it was physically painful and it emotionally scarred me. I looked up at him and saw that the corner of his mouth twitched as his bottom lip trembled subtly. "I shall cast the charm upon the guild to forget you. You have ten minutes to say your goodbyes. Now, get out of my sight."

"Yes, sir," I held onto my dignity and wobbled onto my feet, trudging out of the guild as I slowly started to clothe myself again. I slipped my legs into my black pants as I tied the drawstring to keep them from falling. I raised my hands above my head and pulled my crop top down to cover my breasts and torso, finally I tapped my feet into my black flats. "Goodbye," I pushed open the doors and slammed them behind me as I lowered my head.

"Nana, I'm going with you," my exceed pushed the doors open.

"No, Sif. You have to stay here, they'll protect you," I clenched my jaw as tears welded up in my eyes. "Go back inside, now!" I shouted at her as she jumped backwards, flying back into the guild crying. I broke down, I couldn't stand anymore. Jiemma won, I couldn't win this battle. My knees were stained by my tears and my body trembled with every whimper that escaped my lips. It was hopeless, I lost everything I had for seven years in less than ten minutes.

"Terrianna, is that you?" I heard a husky voice as I wiped my eyes and looked up at a hooded figure, I recognized the scent. "It's me..."

"I know who you are, where have you been?" I continued to cry. "It's been seven years." I covered my face as more tears poured from my eyes into the palm of my hands, I started to hyperventilate.

Laxus Dreyar, was the hooded figure. He removed his cloak and wrapped it around me, picking me up from the ground. "I'm so sorry." He knew I was kicked out because he predicted this. When I met him on a job, I told him about Jiemma and how strict he is; Laxus told me that one day I'm going to get more than I bargained for and that he'll boot me. "Come on, there's some people I want you to meet."

"Nana!" The guild doors flew open as I saw the twin staring at me in utter shock. "Please don't go!" They ran after me, but it was too late. I kicked my shoes off as a lightning bolt came hurtling towards Laxus and I, flashing us away from Sabertooth and in front of a worn out barn house.

"Why'd you kick off your shoes?" Laxus sighed heavily as he pushed open the door to the house with his foot.

"How else was I going to make them remember me?" I relaxed in his arms and rested my arm on his chest.

"You were always an odd girl," Laxus sighed again, closing he doors behind us and I realized that this wasn't an old barn house, it was a guild. "And what do you mean, remember you?"

"Jiemma...he's a monster. He said he's going to make the guild forget me which means he's going to pretend I never existed. All my memories with my guild mates, it's useless."

"It's okay Nana," Laxus hugged me. Once I looked around, new scents filled my nose as I smelled three dragons. "I'm back."

"Laxus!" Three people ran up to us, they weren't the dragons. They were two me and one woman, they seemed friendly. "Who's the girl?" The woman crossed her arms at me, she was now acting cocky.

"This is the person I went to visit. I guess I visited her right on time because she was just kicked it of her guild, I'm not sure what she did, but I promise you that her friends might come looking for her," Laxus patted my head and settled me onto the ground as he draped his jacket over my shoulders. "There is no guarantee that she will join the guild, but that's up to her. I'll go get you a glass of water."

"Ah..." I heard the man with bright green hair gasp when I made eye contact with him. "Uh..."

"I'm Nana," I introduced myself as he pulled me up from the ground.

"I'm Freed," he blushed and brought my hand up to his lips.