Chapter Eleven

Everything was happening so fast that I didn't really say anything else after my father finished his celebration of me choosing a husband. "Dad, stop it, don't talk about my childhood! It's embarrassing!" My voice strained as I presented him a forced smile for him not to question my emotional state. I didn't know whether I was happy or sad about having Lahar because of all the crap we went through in the past.

"In trouble again aren't we, Terrianna," Lahar looked down at me with no expression whatsoever. He was in his early twenties at the time while I was a rebellious seventeen year old, it also wasn't the best week for me either. "Terrianna, this time you've destroyed half a town while trying to chase down a man who tugged on your top and managed to dry out a large family farm with your Earth Magic."

"That bastard almost made me flash everyone on that street! He deserved it and I even rebuilt the houses in the area that became collateral damage," I yelled at the purple eyed weirdo. "With that family farm, I sneezed! I had no control over that!"

"You have an excuse for everything," he sighed heavily. "This won't go unsaid to your guild master, but you're off the hook since you rebuilt—"

"Oh thank you!" I pulled him into a hug and squeezed my arms around his torso.

"However, you'll be supervised by the Council even closer now when going on jobs," he warned me as I pulled away and frowned at him.

"No, I won't have that crap!" I pointed at him. "I'm sure that farm is fine, it started raining not too long ago! You have to quit treating me like a kid Lahar!—huh?" I let out a questionable gasp as I felt my body become soaking wet and I started to shiver. I accidentally stepped out of the covered area and got caught in the rain. "So cold..."

"I'll stop treating you like a child when you stop acting like one," he sighed heavily and wrapped his cape around me like a veil.

I sucked on my teeth as I stood beside Lahar, crossing my arms and looked away from the scene. "Jolenta, you okay?" Hisui called out to me as I snapped back to reality.

"Yeah," I nodded my head. "It's just that I'm barely nineteen and I'm getting married, it's something that's really hard to believe."

"You did say you wanted to be more like an adult when you turned eighteen and this is your duty to this family," she patted my back. "Are you feeling okay? Also by the way, what happened to your crown and dress? They were destroyed when you came back."

"Rogue challenged me to a battle and I lost, we didn't hold back," I smiled softly at my worrisome sister. "Don't worry though, I'm okay."

"That explains the destroyed crown and tore dress, but not how you feel. Are you really okay with this?" She kept urging me to confess, but I was determined to bottle up my feelings.

"Hisui, I'm really okay with this. I believe that Lahar will be a great husband for me and he promised you that he'd take care of me, isn't that enough?"

"I suppose you're right," she sighed heavily. "I'm happy that you found someone, but I really thought you'd drop the title and official become a guild wizard to be with the twins."

"And let you have the joy of going through this? No way," I smiled softly at her. "I'd rather go through this than you, I did come here last. You deserve the chance to choose who you want to be with, me on the other hand, I'm willing to do anything for this family. You guys saved my life."

"Jolenta," she gave me the sweetest smile and pressed her forehead against mine. "What did we do to have an angel like you?"

"Me? An angel? You're too funny."