Autumn Special

I sat on the lounge chair in Sabertooth, constantly looking up at the clock and back down at the book on my lap. I was merely sixteen years of age and was impatiently waiting for the twins to come home from their S Class job. It's been almost two months since I've seen them and a lot has changed, I've began my journey into womanhood and I look much more mature for my age. "My stomach," I whined as I tossed and turned, hugging myself. "M'lady, why is my body trying to kill me?"

"It's puberty," she sighed heavily. "Goodness, when are you going to quit dressing like a child. You wouldn't want Rogue nor Sting to see you in that old thing, wouldn't you?"

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I gestured to my black leggings and oversized green shirt. "I've always worn something like this."

"Oh no, you're going to use her like a doll," Sif sighed heavily as she continued to lay in Rufus's lap.

"She's a young woman now Sif, she should dress like one," Minerva grabbed my hand and dragged me outside into the neighboring building where she lived, it was conveniently close to the guild. "Now, they told you they'd be back today by lacrima, right?"

"Yeah," I nodded my head as she unlocked the door to her apartment, pulling me into her room where she showed me her closet. "What's this about, M'lady?"

"I know you love those boys with all your heart and you wouldn't want them to come back after two months to see the same little girl they've know for years, it'll be great for them to see what they missed while they were away. Hmm," she tapped her chin as she leaned down and stared at my chest, looking back at hers. "You've really grown there and that's what was missing while they were gone."

"Hey!" I hugged my chest and blushed a bright red. "I have no control over how fast they grow! They hurt all the time!"

"Honey, that means they're growing. Now, try this on," she pulled out a navy blue shirt and removed my shirt, forcing me to fit into her choice of clothing. "It's beautiful on you, you can keep it. It reveals your babies too, don't be embarrassed. Now put on this skirt, ah! Perfect!" She clapped her hands together, it made me happy to see her this excited about something I never knew she was so passionate about. I didn't mind being her dress up doll for the day because it put a smile on my face every time her eyes brightened up. Minerva fixed my hair, touched my face up with her makeup collection, fixed the outfit to match my style, and smiled widely at me. She's two years older than me, so I saw her as a big sister. Usually she's not this cheerful, but that's because when her father (master Jiemma) is around, she's completely different and that's how I am too. "Come now Nana, they'll be here soon."

"Is this really necessary M'lady?" I laughed nervously as she dragged me back to the guild. "I don't think they'll even notice me like this, it's been two months and they called me, so they've seen my face already."

"They haven't seen your face like this yet! This is the only time I can actually be a good sister to you, Nana, when my father isn't here," Minerva cupped my face and dabbed her ring fingers in the hollows of my cheeks.

"Sister?" I gasped softly as I stared at her with widened eyes. "M'lady—"

"Oh, new member?" I heard Rufus's voice as I turned to him and startled him. "Nana, is that you?" He grabbed me by the shoulders and stared deeply into my eyes as a hint of blush stained the apples of his cheeks. "Pretty..."

"Huh?" My eyes widened in shock as I panicked and looked over at Minerva for help. "M'lady?"

"Let's take a night out on the town," Rufus wrapped his arms around me and started to lead me towards the exit. "I've always noticed your beauty and it makes me overjoyed to see you embracing your gorgeous features..." his voice trailed off as his gaze shifted to my bust.