Chapter Four

Today is the first day of the Grand Magic Games and I was standing at the tunnel entrance, waiting for the announcers to call my name. I fixed the sleeves to my dress as it barely covered half my thigh, it was scandalous, but appropriate for someone with my high title. Of course I was nervous about how people would react, even my own guild!

"Now, for the moment we've all been waiting for, we will finally see who Princess Jolenta E. Fiore is and what she looks like," Chapati Lola announced as I took a deep breath. "Before we have her highness come out, what do you think she will look like, Jenny, Yajima?"

"I believe that she will be as elegant and frail as her sister," Yajima spoke with a respective tone and it made me smile.

"Who cares what she looks like, obviously I'm going to be better looking than her. I am Miss Fiore after all," Jenny scoffed, I never liked her.

"You do realize that her last name is Fiore," Chapati sighed heavily as Jenny groaned in annoyance. I took a step into the sunlight as the whole stadium went silent, my eyes were closed as I took a few more steps before opening them. "I can't believe my eyes..." I looked around with a serious look as I caught the three hosts watching with their jaws dropped to the ground and the whole energy of the stadium evaporated into utter disbelief.

"Hi," I smiled and waved as a wave of gleeful cheers startled me and I could see how overjoyed the audience was. I bent over to bow to the crowd, trying not to let the skirt of my dress exposed what is being covered.

"She looks really good in that dress, I kind of wish that she dressed like that more often before we found out who she was. Now, let's call out the eight teams that are going to be participating in this year's Grand Magic Games," Chapati strayed away from talking about my attire, "In eighth place, we have Fairy Tail." The well known team of five walked out towards me with the look of determination, but once they were all visible on the field, the stadium was filled with boos and jeers. I had to do something, I grabbed my right arm's sleeve and ripped the cloth off in one swift motion; following the action with my left sleeve. I discarded the cloth to my left as I greeted my supporting guild.

"Good luck," I smiled at the group as Erza and I grabbed each other's forearms, wishing each other the best this week. "If I'm not able to aid you guys this week, I will be cheering for you on the sidelines."

"That means a lot coming from you," Erza pressed my forehead against hers, thanking me for everything I've done with them for the one week I stayed at the guild before I left for Crocus.

"What's that on the Princess' arm?" Chapati questioned. "No way! She is wearing the Fairy Tail emblem meaning she's the member that had recently joined the lowly guild!"

"Meaning you all just booed the Princess' guild," Yajima chuckled.

"Moving on, we have Quatro Cerberus," Chapati continued with the team names. "Following them, we have Mermaid Heel!"

"Nana," Kagura approached me and bowed to me. "Please forgive me for being too forward, but I would like to offer you a membership into our guild—"

"Could we please talk about this later?" I asked her as she nodded and turned away to like back up with her guild.

"Coming in fifth place we have...Blue Pegasus," The announcers continued. "In fourth place Lamia Scale!"

"Gray, remember our deal. Juvia joins my guild if we win," Lyon stood next to Gray as the two ice make wizards looked at me; Gray was smiling, but Lyon looked shocked. "Nana, you're the princess?" He gasped as I cautiously nodded at him.