Your A Hero To Me (Scylla X Male Demigod Reader)

A/N: man, it's been a while since I wrote in this book, anyway sorry about that and I can understand if you all hate me, anyway let's get on with the story. This is more or less based off of what goes on in the game Smite with a mix of my own ideas and ancient Greece.

  Your name is (Y/N), you are the son of the Goddess of the Night known as Nyx (Yes i did my research on this stuff).

  You lived a normal life in a small town in the mountains of Greece, despite being the son of the literal embodiment of the night and the sibling to many others.

  You only met one of your siblings and that was your sister Nemesis the Goddess of Vengance. She used to visit you to talk but her attention was set back in the heavens to protect our way of life from other gods and deities of different pantheons.

  You felt a little jealous that she was able to fight all those other gods and goddesses while you remained on the earth doing nothing. The only thing that marked you as a demigod was your purple eyes that look like the night sky. You wish you could be heroic to at least one person.

  But you couldn't think of anything. That was until you heard screaming from outside in the middle of town.

  You and the other locals ran out to see an injured soldier with an arrow in his back and broken armor.

  Everyone ran out to his aid as you ran out to examine what the situation was. You tried to keep a low profile so no one would expect you to do anything because of your blood ties. But then you had an idea.

  "Whay happened?" One of the villagers asked the soldier.

  "We *cough* we were a-attacked by. . . by *cough* a water beast." The soldier fell to his knees as he coughed up blood.

  You pushed your way through the crowd and caught the man before he completely collapsed.

  "What did this beast look like." You asked.

  He looked up at you and instantly knew who you were.

  "A-All I remember is for snake like bodies wrapping around our boat *cough* they each had the head of hound and all I could hear from the beast was a child's laughter as I watched many m-men die. *cough* ." He said as he passed out.

  You gently put him down on the ground and tell some of the people to tend to his injuries.

  You started to walk back to your house but one of the villagers stopped you.

  "Can't you do something to help?" A man asked as he walked up to you.

  You turned to the man and took a deep breath.

  "Look, I may be the son if Nyx, but I'm not all powerful like she is nor am I as strong as my siblings. I have no power that can help and you all know that. The best we can all do is stay put. So far it's a water beast which means as long as we're on land we are safe." You say.

  "But what if the beast can walk on the land?" A woman said as she walked up to you as well.

  You didn't want to tell them that you were afraid. You thought about it and you thought this was your chance to be a hero. No matter how scared you were on the inside.

  ". . . .Fine, if it will make everyone feel better, I'm gonna go deal with this monster." You say.

  You went into your house and gathered some food and things you may need for the trip.

  *meanwhile*

  In a cave at the edge of the sea bed close to your town, humming could be herad. Child like humming echoing through the wet caverns where the beast herself resides.