Alone Together (Kuchisake Onna X Male Reader)

Walking through the streets at night, you were exhausted from all the work you've been doing at school. Staying late, since you had nothing else better to really do with your time. You remember being warned about walking home late, but you were too exhausted to care about any warnings or urban legends. You didn't really pay them any mind.

  It didn't help that the date was February 14th. Valentines day, a day that highlighted your sadness, but you ignored the deep rooted isolated feelings by doing extra work for college, since it distracted your mind from the racing thoughts. No love for little (Y/N) on Valentines Day, nor any from any point of his life. You honestly didn't want to go home, not like there was anything to do there besides sleep the day away. 

  No friends, No family, no one to confide in. Just you, and your thoughts.

  This wasn't the type of loneliness that made you like the mc of some story, it was a painful kind of loneliness that you experienced. The kind where no matter how much you try to hide it, or tell yourself that you're fine on your own, another part of you knows it is all a lie. You yearned for someone, anyone. A friend or even a romantic partner, just something to fill the ever growing event horizon that encapsulated the deepest reaches of your heart.

  Ever since you were young, you had parents, but they always felt worlds apart from you, then your sadness only grew when they passed a few years back. You never had any friends at school, which made you feel as though you missed out on making childhood memories with others, having stories of your youth to tell, or even having memories to comfort you now and no one to commune with now in your adult life at the age of twenty-two.

  It was an esoteric loneliness that you couldn't relay to anyone, because even you couldn't describe the pain that slowly ate away at your heart or years and years.

  As you walked, footsteps echoed behind you. You stopped walking and turned around to look, only for the steps to stop, and no one to be there. Just you.

Y/N: 'I have a bad feeling about this.'

  You continue walking until the footsteps begin again. This time you continue walking, preparing for anything. You feel your heart beating a bit faster as the footsteps appear to get closer, forcing you to quickly turn and look. But again, there was nothing. Just you, and the fog filled streets. No one else in sight.

  Turning once more, you wait a moment before you walk, until you are certain. You continue to walk until this time you hear a dark chuckle. It sounded like a woman's voice, which didn't make you any less afraid.

???: Why are you alone.

  A voice said from behind you as you feel frozen. You slowly start to turn around until you feel a cold hand on the back of your neck.

???: Don't turn around. Now, why are you alone? In the streets this late. Don't you know it's dangerous to be walking the streets, alone?

  Their voice was dark, soothing, yet wicked all at the same time. Like the perfect mix of sweetness that hides the poison beneath. You feel your senses go off, feeling like this was a dangerous encounter, especially the feeling her cold hand gave off. It was so cold. Like a ghost o a corpse was grasping the back o your neck.

Y/N: I-I'm just walking back from school.

???: Hehe, how unfortunate. And tonight of all nights. You really are an unlucky one aren't you? But. Why. Are. You. Alone?

Y/N: . . . . I. . . Don't really know how to answer that one.

  The woman darkly chuckles again.

???: Now, turn around.