12 | irrationality

12 | irrationality

(n) being illogical or unreasonable

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                     Everything went back to normal after that. Just like that, we went back to our respective seats and started walking. We talked about everything. Life in general. And, I felt like whenever I was with him, I was in another realm itself. A world where only me and him exist.

And I loved being in that realm.

He gave me silly jokes about batman, made me blush by complimenting me whenever he got the chance, he asked me questions about my childhood, interested to hear them and he would hear every single one of them without dozing off. Every silly one.

And, the most important of it all is that he remembers them, every tiny little detail.

I told him about how obsessed I was over bright colours, how I loved playing baseball, how I always danced when I wanted to feel free and emotionless, how I always wore my hair in pigtails everytime I got the chance and stopped when people started teasing me for it. Every little sweet memory of my childhood.

I try to ask about his childhood but he refuses them, changing the topic and I worry everytime he does that. I hate that he bottles up everything about his childhood in his heart, never letting out, never willing to let it out.

It has been exactly a month since the day I met him and my whole life has changed. I have become a legend in Gotham city. Always getting attacked by media and people wherever I walk. I had to quit working as a bartender because of that. And, after I got my monthly salary, I bought myself a small black car, to not go in taxi all the time.

When I had told Joker that I didn't like the colour of my new car, he had made his men change the colour to a stunning red and had upgraded some of the parts in the car for me.

I felt like I finally have someone that I could trust, someone I could just be myself with. Over this month, he had captured my attention and I think I can never forget about him for the rest of my life. This one month has been the craziest and probably the most interesting month in my existence.

And, it is all because of him.

I smiled at the thought.

I have a true friend.

Really? After everthing, you see him as a friend?

Yes...

He is more than a friend to you.

No.

Yes.

No.

I fought with my conscience again and shrugged to get rid of it.

I am going crazy.

Crazy over him.

"Ugh!" I exclaimed and threw my arms up in the air and my eyes automatically went to the box filled with his presents and green letters.

The letter he had sent tonight was right in front of me and I had just opened it.

I took it again and read it, smiling goofily at what it said.

Harley,

You are stuck inside my head like a favorite tune. And, I love it. Is that bad? Got you a pillow.

Love,
Mr. J

I smiled at the word love and looked down at my lap to see the heart shaped pillow I had found lying in the middle of my bed when I walked into my bedroom.
It had Harley styled over it and I chuckled at the nickname.

He has been calling me that for a while and I am starting to like that name myself. I felt butterflies in my stomach just thinking about the next time I'm going to meet him.

I laid my head on the wooden table, getting comfortable and my eyes closed. Immediately a flash of icy blue eyes stared at me and I opened my eyes.

Wide and startled.

I'm thinking about him too much and I shouldnt.

I closed my eyes again a flash of green hair swished past and I opened my eyes again. I smiled and bit my lip.

I'm clearly obssessed over him.

Ugh. I should not be having this thoughts.

I stared at the clock and yawned. With that, I closed my eyes and entered into the dream world.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I laughed.

I have never laughed this much ever in my life. His laughter joined me and I stopped, calming myself down.

He had just told me a joke.

"What happened to batman when he was runover by a steamroller?" He had asked, his smile growing.

"I don't know." I had replied.

"He becomes ... Flatman." He said and thats when we started laughing.

And, we were still laughing. With him making jokes about Batman at this rate, I think one day I'm going to just laugh at Batman if I ever meet him in person.

That would be awkward, but whatever.

"Mr.J?" I called, after I had calmed down.

"Harley?"

I smiled and my eyes went to his shoulders and I could only see half of his torso.

He seemed to realise what I was doing and stood up from his chair.

"Want a better look?" He asked and I blushed furiously, the air around me going hot all of a sudden.

"Um..." I said and stood up myself, looking down at my nails, suddenly to find them interesting. He walked over to me and I could feel his presence beside me. His fingers touched the tip of my chin and he lifted them up to make me meet his eyes.

"What is it?" He asked, his face leaning closer to me and I bit my lip.

His eyes immediately darted to my mouth and his lips parted, breathing heavily.

"Your tattoos." I said. He looked up to see my eyes.

"Explain them." I said and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Ok." He said and I smiled widely to which he returned back, his hands stroking the side of my cheek and pushing a strand of my blonde hair behind my hear.

I traced the tattoo on his forehead and his eyes closed.

Damaged.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hey everyone!

They are bonding! And, her feelings are stronger than ever.

Comment, vote and share.