25 | unhinged

25 | unhinged

(adj) mentally unbalanced

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                    My eyes open like two flashlight beams. Though my eyes are open I can't think of why; my heart is pounding, mind empty. It's as if a hypodermic of adrenaline has been emptied into my carotid.

I closed my eyes feeling tired. After a few moments, I raised my heavy eyelids half way and peeked through the room.

I bolted up.

Its not my room.

I swing my legs over and place them on the carpet. I tried to wrack my brain for any answers and that's when it all came into my head like a truck.

The gunshots. The straps against my wrist. The laughter. The fear. The courage. The dim light. The electroshock therapy.

Joker.

Is this his place?

I looked around the place and it was neat. It was so white.

My eyes caught something on the wall and I walked over to it

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

My eyes caught something on the wall and I walked over to it. There was a picture with the words Smile. It intimidates those who wish to destroy you.

Reading those words, I confirmed my doubts. It was indeed his place.

A sharp pain came at the back of my forehead and I held it, finding the bathroom and went in.

It feels like a balloon under my cranium, slowly being inflated, pressure mounting. I splash cold water on my face just to feel something refreshing and instantly wish I could wash my brain free of the toxins too. The mirror shows my eyes, no longer the girl of yesterday, a lattice of pink over the white. My throat felt like sandpaper. It hurt to move.

Perhaps some painkillers would help.

I came out of the bathroom searching all the drawers for some tablets and couldn't find any. While searching, I found a small gun and adnired it, keeping it in my hands, all of a sudden, I dropped something on the floor, then I bent down to pick it up.

Where are my pants?

I froze, staring at my bare legs. I was wearing a white shirt on top. It reached my knees and there was a small red stain on the shoulder. It was so faint, but if you look closely, you can see the stain.

Is this his shirt?

Why am I wearing his shirt?

Where are my freaking pants?

What the hell is going on?

A hot blush made its way to my face as I thought of Mr. J undressing me. The temperature of the room felt hot. I tugged at the hem of the shirt, feeling awkward and shy.