13 | paroxysm

13 | paroxysm

(n) a sudden attack or outburst of a particular emotion or activity

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"To show Batman how damaged I have become because of him." He said.

"Because of him?" I asked, still tracing the tattoo.

"He was the one who pushed me into the vat of toxic chemicals ...  remember?" He asked and the memory of him telling me that story during one of our sessions came back to my mind.

"Oh."

My finger went to the side of his face where he had the letter J right beneath his eye.

"Do I have to explain that?" He asked.

"The first letter of your name... "

Then, my fingers slid down his neck and I could feel him tense beneath my finger. I could hear his breathing going erratic. I traced the tattoo of the playing cards and his eyes narrowed at me.

"The cards are a symbol of death and luck

"The cards are a symbol of death and luck. I leave a card whenever I make a kill." He winked at the end.

"That's creative." I blurted out and I just realised what I said.

He threw his head back and laughed, sending chills down my spine once again.

Did I just compliment him on being creative for leaving cards at  places where he makes a kill?

Jesus, something is wrong with me.

My fingers traced down to the numerous HAHAHA written down his left shoulder.

"Oh

"Oh." He said. "I was bored during one of my times here and I did that to myself. To make myself laugh. And to remind myself to always laugh." He said and I gave him a small smile and my fingers traced over his abs and I could feel him tense again.