08 | oddity

08 | oddity

(n) an odd or peculiar habit

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I could feel his erratic breathing, like he was trying to control himself from doing something. His eyes were constantly flipping between my eyes and my lips. I think I have an idea of what he wants to do.

So... my moaning made him like this?

Just a small, tiny, little, harmless moan?

Wow.

Am I that powerful?

His fingers were gliding up and down my left arm, it was so soft that it felt like he was not touching at all.

"What do you want?" I asked, timidly.

"You."

My heart skipped a beat. The way he said you was so erotic and sensual, I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach. I didn't know if it was due to fear or something else. His fingers trailed up my arm, reached my neck and finally made it to its desired destination, my lips. He traced my bottom lip.

I am well aware of the electricity in the air the moment his fingers reach my lips. It's like a crackling in the air. I don't remember feeling this way with any other man. Perhaps this is what it's like when people say they feel fireworks going off.

It's like I've just enchanted him, ensnaring him with my gaze. I sense him squirming with desire and a scent reaches my nose, his scent which I'm quickly becoming addicted to. This game of desire is intoxicating.

"Give in." He breathed out, his breathe falling right on lips and he was staring at mine, with such an intense desire.

I really do affect him.

Should I use this to get the information I desire?

Would it work?

"Give in, baby." He breathed out again, his hands on my hips, pulling me closer, if it was possible.

This is my only final chance.

"If I give in, will you tell me something about yourself? The truth?" I asked, surprised that I didn't stutter.

His eyes looked at my eyes and I gulped. They were intense. They held pure desire.

"Yes." He breathed out, and something flashed across his eyes for a split second, his faced showed a mixture of emotion. It was like he was fighting with his inner self.

"Tell me." I said, inching my lips closer to his, to tease him and I could feel his whole body tense up at my move. I moved my hand over to his chest and placed it over his heart. His heart was beating rapidly, under my palm.

I felt like I was controlling him, like he was under my spell.

"Give in to me, Mr. J." I breathed out, my lips inching closer to his and he pulled me closer towards him. He let out a moan and closed his eyes before opening them. Again, I saw a flash of something and it went away as quickly as it came.

"Jack Napier." He breathed out and then pulled me towards him. In a fraction of a second, his lips inched closer to mine, and the bell rang.

Like a bucket of cold water being splashed over my head, I pushed him away using my hands on his chest and he stumbled back, his lips never reaching mine, releasing me from his grip. I did not dare look at his eyes. As quickly as I can, I picked up my bag, my clipboard and pen and started walking away towards the glass door.

I could feel his burning gaze on my back but I didnt look at him. As I made my way out of the cell, and reached the corridor, I realised what I was almost going to do with him.

Jack Napier.

I got him to say his real name.

I smiled at my achievement and walked away, eager to throw my file in Mr. Fox's face. I tried to block out a feeling that washed over my heart, whenever I thought of how I got the info. With a hard face, without leakage of any information, I walked into my office with my nose pointing in the air.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Jack Napier." I said, slamming the file on Mr. Fox desk, who flinched slightly at the sound but recovered quickly.

"What?" He asked, looking down at my file and then to my face. I was standing and I was clearly towering over him.

Is this guy deaf?

"Jack Napier." I said. "His real name." I added.

His reaction to my sentence was immediate and intense. His mouth was frozen wide open in an expression of stunned surprise. Those brown eyes of his became wide with realisation. The cup of coffee he was holding in his hand, dropped to the floor with a loud thud, messing the blue carpet on the floor. He looked like my sentence had knocked every wisp of hair from his lungs.

A knock came on the door and he blinked twice, coming back to reality.

"C-Come in." He stuttered, looking down.

"Mr. Fox, there has been a issue with patient 57--"

She stopped mid-air when her eyes saw me and the coffee that is currently staining the carpet.

"Is something wrong?" She asked, coming to stand next to me.

Mr. Fox remained silent, looking at me with a new found awe and I was basking in it, feeling the pride all over my body.

"I found his real name."

In that instant her skin became greyed, her mouth hung with lips slightly parted and her eyes were as wide as they could stretch, she mirrored his expression earlier.

"Is this true?" She asked, looking at a very shaken Mr.Fox.

"Its true." I said. "I swear, I am not lying. I wouldn't lie about these kinds of things." I said.

Silence hung in the air like the suspended moment before a falling glass shatters on the ground. The silence was like a gaping void, needing to be filled with sounds, words, anything.

"How?" He breathed out.

That's when the feeling surged through my veins, making me speechless, my lips parting apart, not knowing how to respond.

"Using her skills, ofcourse." Ms. Roberts answered for me and for a moment, I was glad she was here.

"Yeah." I breathed out.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hey everyone!

Aw, they didnt kiss. :(

Comment, vote and share.