Chapter 35: I'm Just Me With Wings

Crisscrossing states over states is relatively mild. Easy nor hard. I'm helping people out that absolutely needed help, mostly involved in hospitals and just other than that.

Cas and Dean called everyday, but Sam was absent. He ran once out of the portal and nobody, especially Dean, has no contact of him.

I park the Dodge down the street and get out of the Charger. I feel a presence here and it was the presence of an illness. I stroll down towards a little park where children played. Everything seemed perfect like in a movie where something is about to happen.

I see a distraught mother cradling her weeping infant.

"Jenn, play nicely with her brother!" She barks loudly at them.

It's the infant, the infant is the one with an illness, but not just any illness, but one that'll cause her heart to stop tomorrow if not solved.

I walk up to the playground, not looking suspicious at all. The children yell and screamed in there own happiness as they race down the slide.

But the Mother is in her own world, crying out for mentally, not paying attention to her other kids, but only to the one that will sleep soundly and ascend in another life tomorrow.

I walk up to her, peering over the infant and smiling.

"She's beautiful." I comment, noticing the red rash creeping up on her skin.

"Yeah, she is," She smiles at the crying child. "But she won't stop crying, the doctors says that nothing is wrong."

"She has a high stage pneumonia and scarlet fever," I comment while cocking my head to the side. "With another disorder that happen since birth that is really hard to detect for medical professionals, if not treated, will cause SIDs. May I?" I ask and she stares at me and slowly nod.

I press my index finger on the child's head. I see the rash slowly sink deeply into her skin, slowly turning the bad cells good again. Her crying and screaming dissipates and her body goes normal again.

Her green eyes open pure and innocent again and I smile. The mother just looks at her child, feeling around for her fever but never seems to find it.

"H-How did you do that?" She whispers in fear.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you..."

"I'm not believing what I am seeing, you just healed my child!? What are you?"

I just smile and nod. I take away the ability of hiding my wings and extend a little. Her oxygen hinges in the back of her throat. "I'm an Angel of the Lord."

Kinda weird saying that and I turn away, walking towards my car. I put the shield back over the black wings and get in my car.

I pull out my phone and look out at the newspapers that has a mysterious murder screaming monster all over it.

Loveland, Colorado. That means crossing through Kansas from Missouri. I think I'll stop by Dean's house, been a few weeks since we spoke.

I start the car and put into reverse, speeding away.

My phone begins to vibrate and I quickly pull it out, answering it.

"Hello Cas, how have you been?"

"Well...I've been better, but overall fine. What about you, Ash?"

"I could be better, but I'm fine overall. I'm heading for a case in Loveland, Colorado. Looks like a typical demons case, shouldn't take long if nothing goes wrong. I'll most likely stop by Dean's house. We haven't seen each other since prep talking him in the driveway."