Chapter 24: Taking Over

The voices inside are taking over, their telling me that my life is in danger. I'm scared that the silence won't come back forever, I believe this is my darkest hour.

I'm becoming afraid, it's already too late. I'm on my knee, please help me stay alive.

Nothing crosses my head only the whispers of my command. Something felt...missing.

"Ashlyn..." Zachariah calls over to me. "This is a test to see if you're ready....kill Gabriel."

Something crawls down my spine, but I turn and look at Gabriel on the floor. He looks up at me with the terror fill in his eyes. A Blade is placed into my hands and I turn and stare at Zachariah. "This is command, Ashlyn. Kill Gabriel."

I grab his collar and lift him up off the floor. "Ashlyn! This isn't you! You need to snap out of it!"

I ignore his pleas and raise the blade. "Ashlyn! Listen to me! It's gonna be okay! Castiel is going to fix you!"

I raise the blade up above my head and grip it tight. "I'm sorry, Gabriel." I unknowingly mumble.

I hear a loud crashing noise and my attention has been unknowingly drag away towards the unexpected noise. "STOP!" I hear a yelling voice echo across the world.

I turn around, dropping Gabriel to the ground, hearing him scramble to the back of room. I look through the door that had burst open. Castiel, a wanted angel stood his ground with the vessel.

"Mission overwrite," Zachariah spoke to me through my hollow brain. "Kill Castiel and the Winchesters."

I feel my eyes glisten blue as I grip on the blade, filling a chill sent down my spine. Just hearing there unman names gave my head a shocked vibe.

I slowly straightened my back, exerting no effort as I stare at Castiel. His face send a familiar voice through my head as I get caught up in his eyes.

"Ashlyn, is it understood?"

"Yes, sir." The words roll off my tongue.

I grip the blade and quickly start walking to the two men.

"Ashlyn! Stop!" I hear Dean Winchester yell at me as I flinch in my own, pale, skin.

Castiel quickly starts walking up to me as Dean follows close behind.

-- Castiel POV

"She isn't stopping." Dean points out.

"This isn't her, there's a different form underneath her, they're fighting."

"What are you saying?"

"There's another angel in her and he's trying to gain control, blocking any recent memories, brainwashed even."

I look at her as she walks closer blade in hand. She lifts a hand and as quick as light year, flew Dean across the room.

I drop the silver blade from my sleeve and stopped. "Ashlyn..." I plead. "I don't want to hurt you."

"Maybe you don't have to." Her cold voice chilled down my spine as she raises her blade.

She slashes down and I quickly shove that blow away from me, almost snagging onto the trench coat. She grits her teeth as she tries to cut up and I grip her wrist and push her arm against her back.

Her eyes clinch shut. "Cas! You're hurting me!" I hear the pain in her voice. The actual pain.

"Ash?" I spoke softly, releasing my grip a little, turning her to face me.