Chapter 27: Reality

The boys rushed around as I lay conscious on the motel bed still bleeding and bleeding rapidly. My breathing swallow and my heart rate irregular. How am I still alive?

The grace is slowly taking it time but the wounds tingle and burn themselves together. One by one.

My body is pale and rapidly gaining it temperature. I stare at the ceiling spacing in and out as they run around me. My body twitch and convulsed as time went by as fast as lightening.

Swallowed up inside of my screaming, I could feel the grace try and try it's best, but it isn't cutting it.

Cas tried his best and on the move to try to get in contact. I see Dean watches in horror as Sammy try to cold down my body temperature and try to wash away my blood.

The grace closes the last wound and I close my eyes, still hearing what's going around me. Washcloths are on my wrist and my body is exhausted.

I feel Sam get off the bed and lay a jacket over me. "Is she okay?"

"I don't know, I guess we wait." I hear Sam revolt at Dean and walk to the other side of the room.

------ Time Skip
I partially open my eyes, looking around at my surroundings. Seeing the ugly tan of the room, I could already guess.

My throat burns and my head throbs. Sam sleeping in a chair to my left. Cas sitting on the floor with his head on the bed and arms wrapped around him. I look over to the right and Dean is passed out with his head on a table with a glass of whiskey in his hand.

I quietly sit up from the bed and walk over to the bathroom; turning on the light.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror, there is partial scars here and there and I look at my wrist. Still raw to the touch. I notice my color is still a little taint, a little pale, which made my blue eyes pop even more. Glimpse of the grace popping here and there towards my head.

It was a living Hell, it seem physically impossible and I don't know how I managed to stay awake through that. The rods, the cracks and the blood. Hearing my own skull crack and get crushed by the tip makes me cringe at the thought of it.

"Ash?"

I quickly turn towards the door and noise. "Dean?" My voice quivers.

Tears stung his eyes as he walks up and engages me in a big hug. "Nice to see your okay."

"I can alway count on the grace..." I mumble. "Can't kill me, something always brings me back."

He lets go and gives me a look. "What's that suppose to mean?"

"It means I've already tried."

He stares at me and looks at my head. "I'm fine, Dean." I growl mildly as I smack his hand away.

"You can't just yell me, claim we are not family, and come back as everything is okie dokie."

"Listen, I know what I said and I'm sorry, okay. I understand what you went through."

"Do you?!" I snap. "I wish I could give you my pain. Just for one moment, not to hurt you, but to make you understand how much you hurt me! I had rods stabbed into my head, I've been brainwashed and set to target you! It's not my fault! You left me! I was dying and screaming for help, but you couldn't hear me! You wanted to leave me and you did! For weeks, I went on, only for rods get jabbed into my head because they wanted to know where you were!"