Chapter 11: The War Begins

"I said that's enough, Dean." He says again as Dean tries to get closer once again.

"What?! Are you her guardian angel now?!" Dean exclaims with tears.

"I don't think you understand-"

"No Cas! I don't think you do!"

Don't fight. Please don't fight. Not in front of me at the least. Come on! Don't fight.

"I know just as much as you do!" Cas growls.

"Okay, pity party is over." I holler over the bickering. "Dean, you have no right to be here, I mean-you're probably going to kill me so." I mock his integrity.

"Ash-"

"I don't want to hear it and I don't think you understand what I went through, Dean. I went through two-three cars and you can't show me a little dignity?"

"I'm sorry-"

"I'm only here to stop the devil from rising and that's it."

The doctor walks in looking at a clipboard. He looks up. "Oh, am I interrupting something-should I-"

"No, you're just fine." I say. I wave him into the room.

"Well, Miss. Grady, everything checks out, head trauma still seems to be there, broken ribs and wrist will heal eventually, heart seem to be in good condition, and you'll have to wear the leg brace temporary for about a week, besides that, you can leave later today or early tomorrow if you would like. No up and walking around, bed rest, doctor orders."

Yeah like I'm going to follow them. "Thanks." I smile.

"Good, I'll leave you to it." He walks out of room and I sit myself up a little.

"Thank god, I can leave." I groan. "Sick of being here."

///////////////////////////////////////////

Couple hours later, I was able to get out of the hospital. Dean and Sam found a case not so far out of the town, and guess who won't be attending? Me. And guess who'll be babysitting, to make sure I probably don't lift a finger? Castiel.

I never thought the brothers would be so serious about the doctors orders. I mean-they walk away quite easily and of course, I can't. Can't go far with a leg brace on, especially with crutches. We are heading to the next town over and going to rent a motel room or two, I suppose.

"Why can't I go, again?" I ask for the millionth time in a row.

I hear Dean sigh of frustration. "Because, doctors orders, bed rest."

"You guys don't follow doctors orders, so why do I?"

"We just want to make you're okay." Sam speaks.

"And anyways, can't go far with a leg brace." Dean chimes.

"Come on!" I pout. "Is there anything I can do?!"

"Not really."

"Can I at least come?"

"No!" They both say in unison.

"Jeez, guess who's on there periods." I say, sitting back in the back seat of the Impala.

"It's not all that bad, it's just a week and Cas will be there to help."

"Where is he anyways?"

"Heaven business."

I sigh heavily. "You guys are no fun."

"It is just a week, you'll live." Dean looks through the rearview mirror at me.

"I'll say the same thing when you're in the hospital." I pout again.