Chapter 15: Shake My Core

Something happened. Something changed. He walked out of that door and I watched him. He left and no one is going to stop him. "He's not coming back again, right Dean?" I ask again.

He turns and glares at me again. "I'm not going to answer that again, Ashlyn."

"I understand." I show off an assuring smile and turn away. I look up and notice the sudden white and gold walls. I look around and see a table in the middle. "I must be going insane."

I turn around and the window vanishes. I sigh. "I just can't get a break." I mutter.

"Hello, Ashlyn." I hear an old voice. I turn around to the old vessel. "Zachariah." I spit.

"Yes, we didn't meet in good terms last time, speaking that you killed me or just sent me back."

"Well, being thrown through a wall isn't a big red flag, I don't what is. I assume this is why I am, the whole destiny thing?"

"Yes, but not that. Sammy's gone and Dean won't accept unless for a reason. We need you, Ashlyn."

I laugh. "I'd rather not." I snap away and he appears in front of me to stop me from walking away.

"You can't leave here, Dean will be here in a little while, but I know you have my blade."

He holds out his hand in front of me. "You're hilarious if you think I'm going to it to you." I speak with a straight face. He smacks his lips and looks around. "I guess you'll do this the hard way. Suffer."

He snaps his fingers and I begin to tense up. My stomach twist into a knot. I clinch onto my lower gut and begin to spit blood through my lips. "Where's your precious Angel now. Just step up and accept your role."

I see Dean appear and he as confused as I was when I entered. "Dean!" Zac chimes and the pain disappears. I gasp for air and someone begins to help me up.

"Looking as fit as always."

"Could you make that sound any more gay?" I intervene, wiping the red liquid from my chin.

"Well, if it isn't the Suite Life of Zac and Cas." Dean bites. "Where are we anyways?"

"We call this a green room, the grand finale is coming. All the seals have fallen beside one."

"That's impressive score. That's right up there with the Washington general."

"Do you think sarcasm is appropriate, Ashlyn. Considering you started this."

I bite my lip and turn away and I see Cas in the background. "The finial seal, it will be different because Lilith can only break it. Have faith."

"In what? In you, that's a joke!"

"Because you swore on it!" Zac steps up towards me and I step forwards.

"I didn't swear on anything, so think again. You need my say so!"

"That's true, and I'll make you."

He looks down upon on me and my chest is torn to shreds. Blood spills from my lips and I fall helplessly onto the floor below me. "Ashlyn!"