Chapter 14: The One Who Got Away

My head throbs in pain as I watch Dean fix the car; talking to Bobby. The area on my left temple left a mark and Dean is explicitly worried about the head trauma, but the symptom haven't happens yet. No matter how many times I assure him, he isn't buying it.

"He doesn't want to be found, so if you actually know him then he's going to pick the opposite. It's kinda obvious."

"You don't say." Dean snaps. "As far as I know, you are not going."

"You can't make me sit my happy butt here." I bark back. "Being an ass isn't going to get you anywhere."

He checks the engine and shuts the hood to his car. "The answer is no. Do I need to call an Angel?"

"Nobody can't hold me down. I have killed an Angel and a puny one isn't going to survive long."

"You are not going and that is final!" He snaps again.

I sigh and throw my hands up in surrender with such attitude. "It's bad enough that Sam hurt you. He probably started the head trauma back up again."

"He was scared! He...-wanted me to kill him..."

Dean turns and looks at me in an expression that I cannot decipher. "The answer will still and always be no."

"Fine. Whatever. At least tell me where your going."

"Staybridge Suites Bismarck in North Dakota."

I turn and walk into the house. I quickly walk into the living room and look out the window. I grab my bag and my weapons while Dean and Bobby talk for a couple of minutes until he gets in the Impala. He starts the engines and drives out the lot.

"Time to go." I say quietly to myself as I open the window. I crawl out and jump down. I run to the most newer model trucks and check the engine. Quietly shutting the hood, I crouch around towards the driver side door and open the door. I kick the bottom compartments open and grab the two wires to jump start the vehicle.

I look around before getting into the truck. I throw my things in the passenger seat and hop in. I quickly put it into drive and start out the lot of the auto parts and scrap metals.
---------------------------
It's been a couple of hours since I kinda ran away, whatever what you want to call it. They should've known better. I mean, it is me.

I yawn sheepishly as the sun begins to die down into the horizon. "What do you think you are doing?" I hear a sudden voice.

I yelp and the trucks swerve into the other lane. Grabbing the wheel and jerking it to the other side, I turn and look at the Angel.

"What...in the actual fuck, Cas?!" 

"Why are you driving up there? You were on orders to stay at Bobby's."

"Ya know what, because I actually care. I care about Sam and I care about Dean. I'm leaving nobody behind."

"This is dangerous. You should leave it to the Winchesters."

"Well I'm not, so suck it up."

"Why are you so stubborn?"

"No, no, no. Why are you so stubborn?"

The truck starts to sputter and spit out exhausted. The truck is over heating and this situation wasn't going to recover. The truck rolls to a complete stop while I growl and grab my stuff. "Come on. A bus isn't that far from here and we are outside of town."

We get out some and walk a couple of blocks up to a bus stop. Good thing a bus was just pulling up with a semi not far behind it. I pay for me and Cas way onto the bus and Cas sits closes to the front as possible. I'm the last one to get on so the bus slowly gradually gain speed. I look up to see the semi not slowly down and barreling towards the bus. Instincts take over. I just can't win.