Chapter 30: Golden, But Red

I slouch on the couch, tiresome, watching Cas's chest rise and fall slowly, symbolizing life on the hospital bed. With the blanket covering me in the freezing temperatures of the room, and it didn't help that I fell ill to my own solution.

My eyes are heavy with the tiredness behind them, but I couldn't dare close them and move them away from Cas. 'If I don't take of myself, I'm gonna be the next one in here.' My mind points out.

I groan quietly and place my bag at the end of the uncomfortable couch, up against the wooden arms of it. I lay myself down and throw the blanket over me. Waiting for my eyes to fall to the sound of the heart monitor, to his heartbeat.

The time flys through the window, in the little sleep I gotten, the couch wasn't helping out my case and neither was the grace. I felt my phone vibrates in my pocket, making me wake up and grabbing it. I yawn sheepishly and yank my phone out of my pocket, not bothering looking at the contact. I answered.

"Yo..."

"WHERE IN THE HELL ARE YOU!" I hear Dean scold, making my eyes flash.

"No...where."

"OH, You are somewhere! I got the call from Bobby that you were unresponsive for 24 hours!"

"Well-"

"Is that a heart monitor in the background!?" Dean interrupted.

"It's not what you think it is. I'm fine." I whisper.

"You left out the part that you ARE DYING!"

"You are over exaggerating-" My sentence is cut off by coughing.

"If you don't come back to Bobby's in 24 hour time, so help me I'm hunting you down and dragging you back! We lost you and we ain't losing you again!"

I sigh and cough a little. "I'm fine, Dean...I just missed Cas and needed sometime alone."

The server falls silent and I relentlessly ended the call and turn off the phone. I yawn again and rest my head on my bag and I hear Cas groan lightly.

"Cas...?" I utter out.

Nothing in response beside him turning on his other side, facing me with his eyes still closed. "I understand..." I say with sympathy as I sit up on the couch and begin to stand up.

Suddenly I feel the intense burning inside, it immediately stops me, literally freezing and grabbing my gut. I look down to the lightly blue mist creeps up my veins.

I grunt and stand fully straight up, the pain instantly dissipates and I walk across the room to the bathroom.

Flicking on the light, I look at my temple, I see my skin fusing it together. In a frantic panic, I quickly pick out the stitches. I feel the burning of the skin as it noticeably scars over. "I didn't want that to happen...."

"Ashlyn?"

I stop and look towards the noise. Cas glances at me up the door and drop everything, running up to him and wrapping my arms around Cas's neck. I could tell he didn't understand what was happening.

"Cas, this is the part where you hug back-"

"Oh-Right-"

I feel the arms embrace around me and I didn't want to let go. "Are you alright?" He ask from pure sympathy.

He pulls back and he stares at me. He notices my head and begins to raise his hand. I flinch as almost longing for the pain.