Chapter 28: P.O.V.

Ivan

     "But why?!" She pleaded. "Because you were never there ok!" I shouted. I looked up to see tears streaming down her face. "Ivan, I'm your mother, I love you." And that was the first time she had ever said those words to me. "Really? It took you 15 years just to say that?" I exclaimed. She looked down, and wiped away her tears. "Please Ivan," she pleaded. "No okay." I plainly stated. "Dad has always taken care of me no matter what. So now I should take care of him." I clenched my fists so hard, it hurt.
     My mother sobbed even more. She began to back away a little. She looked at me, as if she had something to say, but couldn't get the words out. I wanted to scream and shout, and just let it all out, but I knew hurting my mom even more wouldn't do anything. "Ok." She nodded, and left. I was shocked. She actually gave up? She walked outside to her car and drove away. All of a sudden, I was crying out of nowhere. Of course I was never really close to her, but she's still my mom. All I've ever wanted from her was for her to show me her love instead of just neglecting me and leaving me so confused on whether or not she just hated me.
      Skateboarding helped ease my mind a little, but it didn't stop the sobbing. Eventually I got lost and just sat there on the curb, waiting for something. I don't know what that something was, but I couldn't get up. I can't remember how long I sat there, but I knew it was really late.
       I looked up and saw a familiar looking figure standing right in front of me. I wiped away my tears and saw Kiera looking very concerned. "Ivan, what's wrong? What are you doing out here this late?" She asked. Well first of all, what is she doing out here this late? "It's nothing ok." I sniffled even though there was obviously something very wrong. "Ivan just tell me." She said. Her puppy dog eyes made me feel bad, so I just sighed and said, "I got in an argument with my mom and she gave up on me."
"I thought that was what you wanted?" She tilted her head a little. "I thought so too, but I don't know anymore." I uttered. I looked at her up and down for a second. She was wearing her hair in a messy bun, had some mascara on, had on a over sized sweater, some comfy grey joggers, and a pair of animal slippers on. I smiled because I realized that the sweater was mine.
        "Maybe you should try to reconnect with her." She said. "What does that mean?" I asked. "I'm saying that maybe you should spend some more time with you're mom." She explained. "What about my dad?" I said. "Well maybe you could convince your mom to put him in rehab." She said rather hesitantly. "Really? Rehab?" I uttered. "Well Ivan it's either that or he'll just continue to be like this. Besides he needs more than you to help him, he needs professional help!" She exclaimed. I have to admit she does have a point there.
         I took a few seconds to process her information. "Rehab" I thought. I calmed down and sighed, "Yeah maybe that'll work best for him." "Yeah." She smiled and sat down next to me. "What time is it?" I asked. She took out her phone and said, "Its 10:30."
       She then rested her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes. I looked at her for awhile. From here I could see her beautifully clear skin, her little round nose, and her pretty smile that gives me pure happiness every time I see it. When she opened her chocolate brown eyes, I think I saw a little twinkle in them. "Sorry, I'm a bit tired today." She yawned. "It's ok." I smirked
       "That reminds me, you never told me why you were here in the first place?" I raised my brow. "Let's see, I was at Mia's house for a bit to study for my English test that's on Wednesday. Her house is pretty close to mine so I just decided to walk over here." She uttered. "You know a girl shouldn't just go on walking alone at night." I said. "Hey I can handle myself." She stated. "Actually yeah you are pretty strong." I said.
      "Well, I should get going." She said. "May I have the honor of walking you home, my princess?" I said in my best accent. She giggled and said, "Sure Prince Ivan." I laughed at that remark as well.
        So I walked her home from there and was pretty devastated. I didn't want to leave her yet. "Goodnight." I said. She quickly turned around and kissed me for a few minutes. When we let go, she hugged me and said, "Goodnight Ivan."