Chapter 17

Finding a good job was pretty hard for Kiera, especially since her dad wasn't getting any better. He was just getting worse everyday. She scheduled a doctors appointment for him to his dismay. She had no idea what to do about homecoming. She was constantly absent from school to take care of her dad even though he always told her to go.
        Ivan was quite worried about her. She wouldn't answer his texts or calls, and didn't bother to tell him what was going on.
Kiera took her dad to his appointment and discovered something disturbing. Depression and high risk of heart disease. Kiera was shocked at the doctors diagnosis. Her dad also had a normal high fever, but after a few tests, was able to tell her dad had depression. "I suggest he stays home for now and is kept under supervision." The doctor said. "I'll also prescribe some antidepressants."
So Kiera skipped another week of school. Her dad refused to do anything and wouldn't take his meds like he was supposed to. He refused to leave his room, he refused to change his clothes, and most of the time even refused to eat. Somehow Kiera was able to feed him something at least once a day. Some days her father even refused to sleep and one time even attempted to kill himself. Kiera was stressed and didn't know what to do. She had to go to school and start working, but she couldn't because she also had to take care of her dad.
              Ivan decided to go to her house to see what was wrong. He knocked on the door this time and no one answered. Then he went up to the window to Kiera's room. Luckily it was open and Kiera opened the door to find him sitting on her bed. "What are you doing here!" Kiera said sounding stressed. "Jeez chill, I just came to see if you were ok." Ivan said holding his hands up. "Well I'm not ok!" Kiera said getting teary-eyed. She slowly sat down on the floor and looked down. "Whatever is going on you can tell me." Ivan said. "It's nothing!" Kiera exclaimed. "Kiera it's pretty obvious that you are not ok. Just please tell me." Ivan said. Kiera got up and said, "I said everything's fine!"
           Ivan grabbed her wrist before she walked away. "Please tell me. Trust me Kiera, I know what it's like to keep what hurts you the most locked up inside. It's not a good feeling. At least tell me." Ivan sighed. Kiera started to cry. "My dad has been diagnosed with depression." She said. "And he's sick, and he refuses to do anything or eat anything or take his meds! He also can't go to work so I have to work, but I can't cause I have to stay here and watch him so that he doesn't decide to kill himself!" Kiera sobbed. "I've just been so stressed out lately." Kiera sighed. Ivan was shocked at what he just heard. "Where's your dad right now?" He said. "Asleep finally in bed." Kiera sighed again.
             "I'm so sorry Kiera." Ivan hugged her tightly. "You don't deserve to be this way." "I know, but I guess this is just the way life goes." Kiera rested her head against his chest. She attempted to hold back tears and he hugged her tightly, trying his best to comfort her. "Well you know, I've got a job." Ivan said giving her the smile she loves. "No, you don't have to-" Ivan interrupted her, "It's ok I want to." "But how?" She asked. "I don't know to be honest, but until your dad starts accepting his meds and you're able to go to school, I'll do it. Besides aren't I the only one you can rely on right now?" He said. "I guess." Kiera sighed.
             "How can someone be so kind?" Kiera asked herself.

*Sorry for not publishing stories regularly like I used to its just that school has started and o guess I got teachers that just love giving out homework :/ I also have just started softball so that's been keeping me pretty busy too. Anyways I promise to try to publish as many chapters as I can as quickly as I can and as always plz like, vote, comment, follow, or make any suggestions that I can add to the story.
Love ya!
-Samantha