Chapter 21

Homecoming was tonight and Kiera was more than excited. She had her dress set up and everything. She couldn't help but imagine her and Ivan slow dancing and just having fun. No drama. Just plain old having fun.
          Mia came over to help Kiera with her makeup. Makeup is Mia's passion and she even wants to become a makeup artist one day.
"Let me guess, Darien!" Kiera pretended to guess who Mia's date was. "Yes!" Mia squealed. "And then after homecoming, I think I might hang out with him a bit longer at his pad." She smiled. "Ooh la la!" Kiera raised her brow. "No we are not going that far you naughty girl!" Mia exclaimed. "We're just I don't know going to play video games or something." Mia said putting some blush on Kiera. "Sure." Kiera smirked. Mia shook off Kiera's words and continued doing Kiera's makeup.
Once she was done, Kiera felt like a walking goddess. "I love it!" Kiera happily shouted. "Well makeup is my specialty." Mia bragged. "Now time to do something about that hair." Mia put her hands on her hips. "Aha! I got it!" Mia shouted. Mia immediately sat Kiera down, grabbed all her gadgets, and began working. "Wait what's going on!" Kiera shouted confused. "You'll see. It's a surprise." Mia said. "I guess I'll have to trust you." Kiera sighed.
Once Mia finished, she felt quite proud of her "masterpiece". "Wow! You really know what you're doing!" Kiera said amazed.

Kiera's hair:

         After Kiera was all prepped up, Mia did her makeup and hair as well

         After Kiera was all prepped up, Mia did her makeup and hair as well. "Wow! You look way more stunning than I do!" Kiera exclaimed. "I know right, you don't need to tell me!" Mia exaggerated her words a bit. They both laughed and Mia said, "Don't worry, you look just as beautiful." Mia smiled. Kiera blushed a little and thanked Mia.
          About 10 minutes later Darien came to pick up Mia, and then 7 minutes after that Ivan came in a nice 2016 vermillion Mustang. "Let me guess, your mom again?" Kiera smiled. "Yup!" Ivan said popping the p.
            Ivan looked Kiera up and down and said, "Woah, you look way more beautiful than I thought you would." He smirked. Kiera laughed. "We'll get in." Ivan said opening the door for Kiera. "You look pretty handsome yourself by the way." Kiera said. Ivan was wearing a black tuxedo, black shoes, his natural messy hair, and a nice cologne.
             They kissed and then headed to homecoming.
              Homecoming was fun. Lots of dancing, eating, and socializing with others. Luckily no fan girls attacked Kiera and Ivan especially when they were dancing. Darien and Mia made out pretty much half the time, but eventually they came out and decided to dance. "You've got a lot of rhythm you know that?" Ivan smirked. "My dad used to always tell me how good my mom was at dancing and that whenever a song came on my mom just started following the beat. He said it looked like she was in a different world every time she danced. I guess that's where I get it from." Kiera mentioned.
              "That interesting." Ivan said. "I guess." Kiera sighed and continued to dance.
                Ivan won homecoming king and unfortunately Stephanie won homecoming queen. When Stephanie and Ivan started to dance, Ivan couldn't help, but stare at Kiera the whole time which made her laugh a little.
                After homecoming, Ivan took Kiera for a cruise. "Where are we going?" Kiera asked. "Wherever the road takes us." Ivan smirked. "That's so cheesy!" Kiera laughed. "Aww I really did try not to sound cheesy." He said.
                The rest of the night seemed like a dream. "Do I have to leave?" Kiera laughed. "Well I mean if I want to stay on good terms with your dad, then yeah unfortunately you do." He gave Kiera one last kiss before he left.
********************************************
2 weeks later...

                    It was Friday night. Kiera was scrolling through Instagram until she got a text message from Mia. "Hey Kiera can I go over for a bit?" Mia asked. Before Kiera could answer she heard someone knock on the door. "I'll get it!" Kiera shouted and ran downstairs. It was Mia. She was in her pajamas, her eyes were puffy, and her hair was a little frizzy.
                     "Omg Mia what happened to you!" Kiera exclaimed. "Can we talk? You know in private." Mia asked. "Sure." Kiera stepped outside and closed the door.
                        "I'm pregnant!" Mia started tearing up. "Wait what! Mia how did this happen!" Kiera was now worried. "Well you see remember when I told you I was going to Darien's house after homecoming?" Mia was now hiccuping. Kiera nodded. "Well we did you know what and I was just so stupid I don't know what I was thinking!" Mia broke down in tears. "Mia it's going to be-" "You know what I'm going to abort this baby just like my dad said!" Mia wiped away her tears. " Mia, no! That's like murdering your own child!" Kiera pleaded. "Then what am I going to do! All my hopes and dreams will be ruined if I don't!" Mia shouted.
                    "Do whatever you want I guess, but I really don't recommend abortion." Kiera sighed. "Will you come with me to my appointment, pretty please!" Mia pleaded. "I guess." Kiera sighed once again.

5 weeks later...

                       "Mia Lancaster." The nurse said. Mia and Kiera got up and followed the nurse. Kiera and Mia sat down and listened to whatever the doctor said. "But before we go any further, we must do an ultrasound." The doctor said. Mia laid down without hesitation. "Why do we need an ultrasound?" Mia asked in curiosity. "The best way to simplify my explanation is probably to just say it's to be sure you want to continue with abortion." The doctor smiled kindly.
                           So the doctor did his thing and to Mia's surprise, she could here the baby's  heartbeat. Mia was now crying. There was an awkward silence until the doctor said, "I'll give you sometime to think about it." And he left the room
                           "So do you still want to-" Kiera was cut off. "No I can't!" Mia exclaimed. "That is a living thing that I created! I can't just take its life away! I don't know how, but when I heard its heartbeat it made me ask myself whether I love this child or not, but I guess I now understand what people mean by motherly love." Mia bawled.
                          Mia wiped away her tears and looked down at her belly. "I know you probably can't hear me, but I want to let you know that no matter what gets in my way, you'll always be my number one from now on. I promise that no matter what happens I want to try my best to give you everything. Mommy loves you."

*I wonder how things will go for Mia from now on. Anyways if u liked this chapter plz like, vote, follow, comment, or make any suggestions I can add.
Love ya!
-Samantha