Chapter 26

It was October. Kiera had just finished her homework and started looking at some costume ideas. Harley Quinn was definitely on her list, but she wasn't so sure since she knew lots of people will probably dress up as her this year. Finally Kiera stopped thinking about that and remembered that she is going to the mall with Mia at 4.
Kiera quickly jumped out of bed and fixed her hair a bit by curling the ends. As soon as she felt she was ready, she began to walk straight towards Mia's house. Mia's house was about 20 minutes away, walking, so Kiera decided to use her little brothers skateboard again, and listen to music. As soon as she got on, she remembered when Ivan taught her how to skate, which made her laugh a little. It kind of made her miss him even though she just saw him yesterday. Then about 5 minutes later, the same Christina Perri song played. This time Kiera didn't stop to skip it. Instead she just let it play for a while and smiled.
Then she saw Ivan's house. She got up and thought that maybe she could just spare a few minutes just to see him. Before she could even get to the door, she was able to hear people yelling from inside the house. "You don't understand!" Someone yelled. "No, what you need to do is stop and listen to me!" It was Ivan. "Just come with me!" Another voice begged. "Why should I go with the woman who made this all happen in the first place!" Ivan exclaimed.
Kiera immediately walked towards the door up until Ivan slammed the door open. He quickly closed the door and then realized Kiera was here. Frustrated, he asked, "Please tell me you didn't hear any of that." "I can't say I didn't." Kiera frowned. Ivan let out a huge sigh, and sat on the cement, brushing his hair back as if stressed. "My mom came and expected me to just leave my drunk dad all by himself. Like why am I going to leave my own father for a woman who barely even knew I existed!" He said, frustrated.
"Maybe you should," Kiera looked away from him as if she was afraid to hear his answer. "Oh, ok so you're on her side now?" Ivan scolded her. "No, I just think it would be best for you to just go with her, so you won't be so stressed out," Kiera explained. "But what about my dad, huh? What will happen to him? Do you really expect me to just leave him? Do you not care for him at all?!" Ivan started to raise his voice. " I never said that ok!" Kiera raised her voice as well. "It sure sounded like you did!" Ivan stood up. "Well maybe you should start to care for yourself for once!" Kiera screamed. "WHO CARES ABOUT ME! ALL MY LIFE THE ONLY PERSON THAT ACTUALLY LOVED ME WAS MY FATHER! I DON'T NEED ANYONE ELSE TO DO SO!" His last words hurt Kiera a lot.
She wanted to cry so bad, but at the same time she wanted to beat him up, but at the same time she also wished that they can just kiss and say sorry. She quickly ran away from him. She didn't bring the skateboard or anything, but she didn't care.
She still continued to walk towards Mia's house to brighten up her day, but that obviously will only last for a while. She quickly put on a fake smile and pretended like nothing happened, even though deep down it felt like Kiera was walking on glass.
The mall helped her forget about the fight with Ivan a little though. Over there, Kiera bought some cute shirts from Tilly's and some pants from Hollister. She also bought a choker from Forever 21, some earrings from Claire's, and a leather jacket from H&M.
               Mia on the other hand, bought some perfume, tons of makeup, some shorts, a dress, and lots of toys for her baby. "Have you and Darien picked out some names yet?" Kiera asked while they were driving back home. "Yeah. We both decided that if the baby is a boy, we'll name him Lawrence, but if it's a girl, we'll name her Lauren." She smiled happily. Kiera was glad she was starting to be Mia again. "I'm sure you and Darien will be great parents." I said.
                 "Yeah." She sighed. "What's wrong?" Kiera asked. "Nothing, it's just that when the baby is born I'm going to school in New York. I know it seems ridiculous being a mom and all, but it's just been my dream ever since I was little and even though I know I'll miss my child, I still want to achieve my goals and show everyone that I am more than just a young mother. I don't know how Darien will feel about it though." She stared off into the road. "Well I don't see anything wrong with it. I mean not only are you achieving your goal, but you are also being a great role model to your children at the same time. How long will you stay there anyways?" I asked
              "Probably a good year or so. I know makeup schools don't usually take a long time to complete, but I want to be the best and go to a second school over there and work my way up!" She smiled anxiously. "Well I mean it's not like you'll be gone forever!" Kiera laughed. "But it'll feel like forever." Mia mumbled. "What was that?" Kiera asked. "Nothing!" Mia continued to drive home.
              "You sure you don't want me to just drive you home?" Mia asked once they almost got to her house. "Nah, I'll just walk." Kiera said. So, when they got to Mia's house, they said their goodbyes, and Kiera headed to her house.
              Once Kiera passed by Ivan's house, "A Thousand Years" played once again. She sighed, and sat on the curb, then realized that Ivan was laying there, on the grass, asleep. Kiera didn't know what he was doing there in the first place, but examined him from afar, wishing that he could forgive her. She feared that if she went over there, he would wake up and yell at her again. Besides, he appeared so peaceful in his sleep. Usually he's pretty stressed out at night because of his dad. She didn't want to ruin his moment of peace, even if it was spent on the floor.
             "I will be brave, I will not let anything take away, what's standing in front of me."Kiera sang quietly. At that moment Kiera went into some pretty deep thoughts. She had never really been in many relationships, so she thought that maybe in relationships, you must be patient and brave in situations like these.
               After replaying the song like 5xs,Kiera got up and began to walk home, completely forgetting about her skateboard.