Chapter 24: P.O.V.

Darien

I don't know where to go. She kicked me out. Usually it's the baby mama that gets kicked out, but not this time I guess.
She yelled at me and said things like, "You're not my son" and "You'll just end up ruining that poor girl's life". To think that I got Mia involved in such a huge mess, makes me so angry. I probably deserve to sleep on the sidewalk. I mean, this time I have no where to go. Quite literally.
        I could ask Ivan I guess, but that means I have a long way to go since his house is like all the way across town.
        I walk until about 8 pm and come soaking wet since it began to rain pretty hard at about 7. I knock on the door and patiently wait for someone to open the door. Ivan finally opens the door and I say, "What's up?" "Dude why are you soaking wet? Hurry up and get in." He said.
       I walk in and realized his dad went out again. "Fifth time this week huh?" I asked shivering a little. "I don't want to talk about it." He sighed.
       I change into some clothes he let me borrow and told him everything that just happened. "Woah, that's quite a lot on your plate." I nodded and put my hands behind my head. "I don't know what to do. What good is a father that barely manages to get Cs and goes to summer school just about every year!" I covered my eyes with my hands. I'm so stressed out right now. "Well first of all, you gotta learn this little technique called studying and second of all there's a thing called a bench and a thing called a job. Pretty sure those could help out." Ivan smiled attempting to hold in his laugh.
        "Dude I'm serious what do I do!" I exclaimed still sounding pretty stressed. "Ok, ok, no need to yell," he held his hands up in surrender. "Just live here. The old man is practically out and about most of the time, so he'll never notice. Plus, you can get a job and figure it out from there."
         "You sure?" I raised my eyebrows. He nodded. So I spent my first night at Ivan's house.
            Eventually I got up in the morning way too early for a weekend and decided to head out to Mia's house. I was kind of nervous to face her dad, but I'm gonna have to one way or another. Besides I did this to her so I must help her in every way I can.
            I knock on the door and immediately someone answers. It's her dad. He glared at me, but allowed me to walk in. "Mia left to the grocery store with her mother so she should be back home in a few minutes." He said sternly. I sat down and there was an awkward silence between us until I broke it on accident. "I'm truly sorry for what has happened to your daughter." I looked away, afraid to hear his answer. "I was a boy like you once, and I understand what it's like to be in love." He sighed. I looked at him in confusion because I couldn't find how his words fit in with the subject.
            "You love her, don't you?" He asked. I nodded still feeling pretty confused. "And that's why you came here right?" He asked and I nodded once again. "And that's why I forgive you. At first I wasn't sure, but your sudden actions have led me to believe that you regret what you've done." He smiled. "You know every time she sees you, she looks so happy. Every time shes on the phone with you, all I hear is laughing and giggling. I know you treat her right and I also believe that you should learn from your mistakes." He frowned and looked as if he had a hard time saying those words. I chuckled a lil when he mentioned her happiness. I'm just happy that I can make her happy.
        I decided to wait for Mia in her room so I can surprise her. About five minutes later I saw Mia opening the door. Her eyes sparkled, but she looked away from me, restraining herself from showing her emotions. "I came here to tell you that I have a plan in mind. I'm not sure if it'll work out or not, but I at least want to try to graduate.......for the baby's sake." I scratched my head. She looked down at the floor, clenching her fists. I went up to her and hugged her. "I'm sorry that I got us involved in this mess." She rested her head against my chest and said, "No it's not just your fault, it's mine too." She looked up at me and I passionately kissed her out of happiness.
        I'm happy that she's not mad at me and more importantly I'm happy she finally looked at me. "I promise, I'm going to prove my mom wrong." I knelt down and kissed her belly. "And I'll make sure that you live a happy life." I said softly referring to the baby. She laughed and I laughed too.
          I'll definitely prove that woman wrong.