Chapter 19: P.O.V.

Kiera

Ivan left to the restroom really quick so I decided to just sit here and nibble on the donuts. It was night time and I right away felt pretty unsafe. For some reason every time we separate it always feels like forever. I went to go throw away our trash until I saw a strange man purchasing a burger.
It was the creep from Ashely's party. I froze. Since then, I've felt more insecure and unsafe especially around guys. I only feel safe when I'm with Ivan or at my house. I didn't know what to do. All I was imagining was when we were at the party. I was trapped in a room with a drunk older man who attempted to rape me. I remembered all the pressure on my arms and legs, his hands violating my body, and his dry lips attacking me. Fear rushed through my body at that time until Ivan. Ivan. That's the only person I want to see right now.
A tear left my eyes when Ivan came. "What's wrong?" He asked. I hugged him because I felt like if I did that then the strange man wouldn't attack me again. I guess you can say I was kind of traumatized a little. I felt so weak and stupid to have to depend on Ivan to protect me. All I was thinking about was that if I couldn't protect myself then, I probably can't protect myself now. "Seriously Kiera, you're starting to scare me, what's going on?" He looked worried now.
I knew that even if I told him that nothing is wrong then he'll still know that I'm lying. I turned around to see if the man was still there. The man stared at me so I began to hug Ivan tighter. There were so many things I wanted to say to that man. Ivan looked up and immediately recognized the man. He looked angry, but he continued to walk me home.
There was an awkward silence until Ivan decided to talk. "So that's the guy that did that to you at the party?" He stared at the sidewalk. "Yeah." All the horrible memories were coming back to me. "I just feel so stupid. Thanks to him I feel extremely unsafe and insecure around guys. I saw him right now and I literally froze. All I could think about was what he did to me and I just feel so scared around him." I tried to hold back my tears, but it didn't seem to work. "I hate that guy." Ivan looked up. "Why?" I asked stupidly. "Because what he did to you made me angry especially since I had a huge crush on you then." He smirked at the last words. "I still do to be honest"
He held out his hands and I hugged him as tight as I could. "I won't let him do that to you ever again. Ok?" He said. "Ok" I said lower than I thought I did. He carried me and kissed my forehead which made me blush. I held on tightly to his neck. Sometimes I feel like Ivan is just the definition of a "knight in shining armor" I smiled mostly because I realized that his hugs and kisses just have the power to help take all the pain away.
I was sad when we got to my house cause I really didn't want Ivan to leave. He kissed me unexpectedly and said,"Goodnight sleeping beauty." I blushed and shouted out and awkward goodnight and heard him chuckle a little bit.
                I woke up this morning and put on my favorite outfit which is a plain black shirt, my ripped jeans, a white cap, my black and white adidas, and my favorite studs. I also took the time to straighten my hair and then do my usual makeup.
               I came to school and saw the same strange man talking to Ashely. I froze again for about 5 seconds until I felt Ivan's hand touch my shoulder and I got scared. "Are you alright?" He asked me. "Kind of." I said and hugged him like I did the other day. He realized what was wrong and returned my hug. "Look there's nothing to be scared about. He was drunk it's understandable. Besides what could he do to you if I'm around especially in school." He grinned. I guess he was right. I still walked by his side even though all the girls began to glare at me as usual to feel safer.
             It was third period when we had a sub. The moment I sat down and saw our substitute I froze. It was the man again. I hate feeling this way, I need to get out of this classroom right now! I quickly got up without permission as he just stared at me and did nothing about it.
             I went in the restroom and looked at myself in the mirror. "Don't be afraid, don't be afraid!" Is what I tried to tell myself. I wish Ivan was here to comfort me. I slapped myself and thought, "I shouldn't be depending on Ivan for everything."
             I looked down at the sink. I wonder how I can become stronger. I clenched my fists and thought about the same things over and over again. How can I ever get stronger with those memories permanently stuck in my head. I ended up staying in the restroom longer than I expected. I was quiet surprised that the strange man didn't ask where I was or anything.
                Looks like things are just becoming more and more complicated.

*Yup things are getting pretty complicated. Anyways plz like, vote, comment, or make any suggestions if u really liked this chapter.
Luv ya!
-Samantha