Chapter 3

It was Saturday. Kiera decided to give herself 2 hours to get ready since she wanted to look pretty presentable for her first high school party. She had also heard that there would be some seniors there so she wanted to impress them.
         Her outfit consisted of a grey crop top that didn't quite show her belly button unless she stretched, some ripped shorts, a pair of cute sandals, some diamond studs she got for Christmas, and a rope-like bracelet. As for her makeup, covered her blemishes, put on a glittery nude eyeshadow that was only a shade darker compared to her daily eyeshadow, mascara, and a light red lipstick. Lastly she put her hair in a high ponytail and was ready to go.
           She quickly called Ivan to pick her up and then noticed her brother eavesdropping. "Was that your boyfriend?" Jacob asked giving a weird expression but still smiling. "No! He's just a friend." Kiera said embarrassed. "Oh yeah? More like friends with benefits!" Jacob said snickering. "That's not true!" Kiera said. "Then why are you blushing? Oh I get it, you have a crush on him don't you?" Jacob snickered. "No that's not it!" Kiera exclaimed. "Or maybe you just wanna," Kiera cut him off. "Just get out you nasty little boy!" Kiera stomped her way to the door since she saw Ivan outside.
"Was that you and your little brother I just heard?" Ivan asked. "You heard us?!" Kiera exclaimed. "Well yeah I mean you had your window open. I heard 'boyfriend' and I immediately perked my head up. Seemed like a pretty interesting conversation." He snickered. "Whatever, so where's the party gonna be at?" Kiera asked. "At that girl Ashely's house. It's about 15 minutes away." He said. Then he opened opened the door for me." Really? A Range Rover?" Kiera laughed unintentionally. "When my mom left my dad to open up a big old business, she decided to buy me all these unnecessary things to cover up for her absence from my life. I'm thankful for all the things she's given me but it doesn't change the fact she was never there." Ivan looked down. "Ha, I'm sorry for giving you my whole life story." He laughed to himself. "Nah, it's ok really. If it makes you feel better I've never had a mother either." Kiera said laughing a bit too. "Really? What happened to her?" Ivan asked. "Oh, according to my dad right after my brother Jacob was born she just left without reason." Kiera explained."Well looks like we've both had some pretty messed up moms!" Ivan laughed. "We better get going before it gets late."
"Yeah" Kiera said.