Chapter 2

RIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!!!! It was 8 am when Kiera's first class started. Her first class was social studies which went by quickly. Then it was algebra 1, then band, and then came pe. It kind of felt awkward changing into her pe uniform in front of a bunch of new girls. Kiera sat down in her place while the teacher took attendance.
          The teacher Mr.Pringles, just said today's task was free play so Kiera decided to just walk. She hadn't made any friends yet so people just stared at her while Kiera listened to some music.
         Now this moment in particular would soon become the weirdest thing to happen almost ever. Kiera's Pandora started to play the song  " A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri, a song she never really fonded over that much. It was even stranger since she never really listened to songs like that other than rap and r&b. She was going to skip it, but before she could, she looked up and saw a random boy in front of her.
          "Where's my thank you?" The boy said in a teasing tone." What?" A shocked Kiera said. "This basketball that I'm holding almost hit you." The boy explained. "Oh um...," Kiera said still pretty stunned. "Whatever it's alright," the boy said. "Hey Ivan  stop flirting and get over here!" Another boy said. "Can you play?" Ivan said smirking. "Um, a little," Kiera said. "Well come on girlfriend let's see what you got!" Ivan said holding his smile. He started running back to the court and Kiera continued to catch up to him.
         "He's kind of hot...." Is what Kiera kept thinking about. She never really had a lot of guy friends other than her cousins so she had no idea what to expect from them. Of course she had her brother and his friends to observe, but her brother is 12. Ivan on the other hand is 15. "What are 15 year old boys like?" Kiera thought to herself. "Let's see these are my friends Ryan, Alex, Drew, Justin, and Sammy." Ivan said. "What's up," Drew said. "Um well my name is Kiera." Kiera remarked shyly. "Cute," Ivan said with that addictive smile.
            The game started and Kiera played defense pretty much most of the game. She was pretty good and even kept Ryan ,one of the basketball stars in the entire school, from scoring. When Kiera decided to take some time off from defense she was able to score a few and left the guys impressed."You're pretty good at this." A sweaty Sammy remarked. "You should have lunch with us sometime."
            "Yeah!" Kiera smiled breathing pretty hard from running all over the place.
            After pe, Kiera quietly joined the guys observing their actions. "What's up?" Ivan asked. "What um....uh...... Nothing!" Kiera said embarrassed to say she got lost in his face. "Haha, you're a pretty strange girl you know that." Ivan exclaimed. "Yeah it's almost like you've never hung out with anybody!" Justin explained. "It's not that it's just I'm not used to hanging out with a bunch of boys..." Kiera said looking down. "So what! Are you afraid that one of us is going to wanna get at you?" Ivan said in a teasing tone again. "Shut up!" Kiera said flustered. Everyone else started laughing at what looked like an argument.
           Then all of a sudden, a bunch of girls swarm around Ivan as if he was a celebrity. Most of them started flirting with him and others looked like they were  almost waring nothing. " Where did all these girls come from?" Kiera asked Alex. "Well you see Ivan is kind of.... no...... REALLY popular with the girls!" Alex explained. "Most girls refer to him as the 'hot prince charming'," Ryan said. "Oh," Kiera replied. "You going the party this Friday?" One of Ivan's fan girls asked. "Sure! Hey Kiera you want to come?" Ivan asked Kiera. Once those words came out of his mouth all his fan girls started glaring at her. "Yeah but I don't know who would be able to take me since my dads working that day." Kiera said. "Well if no one else can take you, then I guess I can." Ivan kindly smiled. Then all his fan girls looked like they really wanted to kill Kiera. "Yeah that's fine." Kiera said. "Here's my number call me when you are ready." Ivan smirked. "HIS SMILE!" Is all Kiera can think about.
She has never been so nervous for an event like this.