Chapter 10: P.O.V

Kiera

         I ran straight to my room once I got home. I was crying. I couldn't stop or understand anything for some reason. I feel so weak. I wish I could've had the strength to at least tell them how I felt, but for some reason when Ivan is involved, I just stop. "Why does it have to be him?" I asked myself. I turned on my pandora radio and sat there, drowning in my own thoughts.
        I went on Instagram. Stephanie just doesn't know when to stop. Two new rumors were put up that said I stuff my bra to make my breasts look bigger and the second one was that I made out with our PE teacher. I thought the second one was the worst since Mr.Pringles isn't the best looking 50 year old man.
      Those rumors  just made me want to cry even more. 
      Then that song "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri played again. The same song that played when I first met Ivan. I tried to skip it again until I somehow heard a knock on my window. I was scared for a few seconds until I saw that the person at the window was Ivan.
      "What are you doing here!" I exclaimed once I opened the window door. He didn't answer me and let himself in without my consent. "So this is Kiera's room huh?" He grinned. I was kind of embarrassed since I had a bunch of weird embarrassing posters from when I was 11. "Don't make fun of me!" I suddenly exclaimed. I can't believe I was actually blushing. "I'm not making fun of you. In fact I think your room looks kinda cool." He laughed. I blushed harder than I expected I was going to. My heart is beating so fast. I seriously don't know what to do with him.

Ivan

     She looked kind of cute blushing all cause I'm here. "Hey, I came here to apologize for earlier." I said. "It's ok I guess." I wonder what she was thinking about when she said those words. She started crying again. "What's wrong?!" I was really worried now. Did I do anything? "It's nothing." She said trying to stop crying even though she obviously couldn't. "No tell me please." I said sternly. "It's just that people keep sending me these mean messages about more rumors," She said. Now I was really mad.
       I was speechless. Was Stephanie really all that jealous of her?
       I couldn't help myself. I kissed Kiera. It was probably the most passionate kiss I've ever given any girl. It felt amazing. Kind of like we were floating. It felt like something I can't explain. I wanted to keep kissing her, but then I realized that she probably doesn't like me that  way. I don't want to ruin the relationship we already have. "Oh I'm sorry! I just thought that since you were sad that kissing you would make you feel better. I totally don't like you like that!" That was lamest excuse ever. "You perv! Why would that make me feel better!?" She looked flustered. "Look I said I'm sorry." I said trying to cover up for my "mistake". "I guess I'll forgive you for now," she said looking away from me.
         "So, where's your dad?" I asked."He's in his office nearby doing some paper work." Kiera sighed. I can't stop looking at her lips now. "What does he work as?" I asked trying to stop looking at her lips. "A social worker. He gets a lot of clients and really tries hard at his job. His daily schedule is usually from 8 in the morning til 5 in the afternoon. I guess he's pretty busy today so he'll probably be home by 11. I guess they choose him to do all the work since he cares so much about his job." She sighed. "What about you and your brother?" I asked. "He loves us a lot. Every morning he makes an effort to talk to us and cook us breakfast. He calls me every 2 hours to see what we are doing. Every night he tells us how much he loves us. Whenever he does get a day off, he tries to spend it with us." She smiled. "Although sometimes I do wish he could be here more often and care more about himself." She said. "Ouch! That must be a pretty stressful job." I said. I tried to change the subject a little by asking about her brother.
"He went to a sleepover with some friends." She said. "Well then I guess I'll just keep you company until your dad gets home." I smiled to cheer her up. "Yeah that's fine." She sounded kind of happy. "Is there anything you'd like to do." I asked. I really like hearing her thoughts. "Hmm, well I am really hungry. Maybe we should go out to eat somewhere." As friends right? This made me feel kind of nervous. No, really nervous. "Oh, so uh.... Where do you want to go?" I said in the most awkward tone. "Um maybe jack in the box?" She said. "Ok." I had some cash on me so I guess I'll use it on her. "Let's go then!" I said with a stupid grin on my face. "Wait I need to fix my hair and everything. I seriously look like a hot mess." Well I mean she got the "hot" part right, but the rest is wrong. She doesn't need to do anything more she already looks perfect.
I watched her as she did her hair and makeup. She put her hair in a nice messy bun and put what I think is called mascara. She came out and then we walked to jack.
While we were walking I decided to hold her hand. "I don't want you to get lost. Besides there's a lot of streets we have to cross." Another one of my lame excuses. "Hah, I guess." She laughed. I can't believe she bought it! My heart was beating out of my chest. Not only did it look like we were on a date, but we are also holding hands! I feel like such a little kid on the inside.
"Hey the other day I was actually sleeping over at Justin's house. I guess he fell asleep before me so I decided to draw on his face!" I started laughing at the picture I showed her of Justin. "You guys are dumb!" She laughed. "Remember when Sammy thought that one girl Melissa liked him?" She said. "Yeah!" I replied. "Well I wrote him the most hilarious confession letter under the name Melissa, and he freaked out about it the next day!" She laughed hysterically and so did I.
Once we got to Jack, I ordered some tacos and a Pepsi while all she got was some bacon potato wedges with lemonade.
Once we were done, we went for a little walk my house so I can get my skateboard. "So you've never ridden a skateboard." I said grinning again.
"Nope." She said, exaggerating the 'p'. "Well then I'm here to teach you." I raised my brow. "Well I guess we'll start off with balance." This means I get to hold her hips so she doesn't fall. "Hop on!" I said smiling. "Ok!" She said sounding confident.
As soon as she got on I held her hips and fixed her posture a bit. "Ok, now try using your foot to go forward. This will also increase your speed so when ever you think you're going fast enough then just try to place that foot back on the skateboard." I instructed. And off she went. She fell a few times which made me laugh and her say "Shut-up!" . She was able to get the hang of it though.
"Have I gotten any better than you?" She smirked. "Not exactly. You've still got a lot to learn little girl!" I was trying to tease her a bit. "I'm not a little girl!" She laughed and lightly hit me in the back with her fists.
I can already tell today will be a good day.

*Hi guys!!! I've been putting a lot of Ivan's thoughts since from what I've seen so far people just like to see what he's thinking. Although this doesn't change the fact that Kiera is the main character. Well anyways
Love ya!
-Samantha