Young!JamesxLayla

Layla was in her fourth year at hogwarts with her boyfriend James Potter. She knew their little secret and helped them all on full moons but she wasn't an animagus.

It was halfway through the school year and her exams were coming up. As she sat in the common room a few girls walked past in her year. A lot were jealous that Layla was with James and that she had been since second year.
"I'm gonna tell the poor girl if no one else will!" One of the girls says pulling Layla into the dorm by her arm.
"What's all this about?" Layla asks pulling arm from the girl who looked genuinely concerned for her.
"Look there's no easy way to say this really! But James has been rumoured to be with Lily... You know when he's like studying he's always studying with her! None of the others! There's rumours that they made out last night! Just ask him about it?" She says and Layla felt her heart shatter into a million shards. James made out with Lily? He told her never to worry about her! Why would he do this? How could he hurt her like this? Hot fresh tears flooded down her rosy cheeks as the realisation hit her. She wasn't enough! She never was enough. She wasn't ever going to be enough. The girl tries to wrap her arms around Layla but Layla pushes her off.
"Thanks!" Layla mutters as her voice breaks. She walks silently out of the common room and down to the library. Lily was sat flirting with James and none of the other marauders were there.
"So it's true?" She asks looking at the evidence in front of her. Lily glares at her and James looks utterly confused.
"No worries I get it! I'm not as pretty or funny or smart! I'm not as kind! Or loveable!" Layla spits angrily. She walks out and decided to ignore James for the rest of their hogwarts life.

It had been a few months since the break up and people were still talking about it. Wild rumours were being spread that Layla had punched James and slapped Lily. But those who knew Layla properly knew she wouldn't do that. She wasn't a violent person. Sirius sat with her in class.
"How you doing?" He asks and Layla knew she could trust him so she poured her heart out to him.
"If he wasn't happy why didn't he just leave? Why lead me on? Why make me feel so special like we were meant to be together forever if he was only going to go to her! I get it I really do! I just hate feeling like this! I feel like I was never good enough! Im broken! I'm only half of who I used to be! I'm a big black whole of nothing! Im not gonna find someone to love me the way I did him because I can't trust no one! They could run away with my heart and smash it just like he did! Padfoot I just wanna feel pretty again!" She cries out letting tears fall down her cheeks. She walks out before Sirius can say anything. If only Layla would listen to any one of them. Then she would know James hadn't done anything! But her little speech had broken Sirius' heart.

Layla sniffled as she sat by the lake getting ready to take her exams before the end of the year.
"This is my spot!" She hears and turns to see a classmate of hers. With greasy hair beady eyes and a hooked nose Snape stood angrily by the tree.
"Oh Severus I'm sorry! I didn't realise! I'll just be-" Layla tried to explain before Snape raises his wand.
"Your boyfriend and his friends caused Lily to hate me! Now you hate them! It's a shame really! Langlock!" He says and she can't reverse any spells as her tongue sticks to the roof of her mouth. A muffled scream leaves her plump lips as she falls backwards hitting her head on the tree roots. Her forehead cuts open and Snapes eyes widen. He smirks evilly and opens her cut slightly wider.
"What in Godrics hollow are you doing?!" Sirius gasps as he ponders onto the scene.
"Get lost before I show you some real damage Snivellus!" He spits running over to Layla. He gently picks her unconscious form up and starts walking towards the castle. James sees the scene and runs over quickly taking her off Sirius. He runs up to the hospital wing.

Layla wakes up and feels soft sheets above and beneath her with a weight on her stomach. She looks down and sees James asleep with his hair messy and dribble down the side of his chin. A giggle leaves her lips softly.
"That's the first time in a month I've heard that beautiful sound!" He murmurs his voice husky and his eyes still closed.
"You hurt me!" She whispers and he shakes his head and shows her a small vile of truth serum.
"Oh your awake anything I can get either of you? He's been here for two days you know! Very lucky girl you are!" Madam Pomfrey says with a smile.
"Two teas please!" She says and Madame Pomfrey nods.

James pours the serum into his tea and drinks it.
"Go ahead!" He sighs.
"Did you cheat on me with Lily?" She asks and he shakes his head.
"No I didn't!" He says and she smiles slightly.
"So the library sessions?" She asks and he smiles.
"Planning your birthday surprise!" He says and then covers his mouth. She laughs and nods.
"That's all I needed to know!" She sighs and he gently kisses her.
"I'm sorry I made you feel like that I'll make it up to you I promise!" He whispers playing with a loose strand of hair.
"It's okay we're all going to be okay!" She smiles and he smiles back taking her into his arms. Ready to begin their happily ever after.

MrsMarvelKnight I really hope you enjoyed!

Remember you can request an imagine too! Just pop into my inbox or comment it on here and I will do it!