CH#18: Fire vs Lightning

Third person P.O.V

Everyone returned to the cortex to share a toast. They all gathered up took seats. Caitlin was forced to sit into Ronnie's lap as there were no available seats. Eddie stood up and poured himself something to drink.

"This past year we've been there for each other. Close to our loved ones, lie's we told to protect them. Facing metahumans. Remembering the people we got back and remembering the ones we've lost. From all that, we learned a huge lesson. That lesson is that no matter how many things that are going to be thrown at us, we'll always get back up. We'll protect each other, and we'll always move forward, to the brighter future. So to drown all the sorrow this was my toast. To Martin". He raised his glass up followed by everyone doing the same and then hailing Martin's name.

Everyone stared into nothingness remembering the times they had with Martin. Barry also remembered the sweet times he had with Caitlin while he stared at her. Ronnie noticed this but shrugged it off by kissing Caitlin.

Barry got up and walked out of the main room to the cortex. Everyone noticed this but Ronnie stood up and followed him.

"Hey" Barry looked back to see the one man he didn't want to talk to.

"Hey" Barry said when Ronnie was walking side to side with him.

"What's up?"

"Nothing?" Barry answered. They were now far away from the main room so no one could what was happening.

Ronnie suddenly pushed Barry into the wall. "Listen pretty boy. I saw the way you were looking at my Cait. The next that happens i'll burn your eyeballs right out of that puny skull." Barry was surprised at how different he was acting from before.

Ronnie went away and Barry held his head and said: "What have I done ?".