I Can Save You

Warning: Mentions transgender and bisexuals, so if you don't want to read about it, just skip to the bold italics for an author's note 💕💕💕

I ran my hand through my hair and frowned at my appearance.

No matter how hard I tried, I would never be satisfied with myself. At this point, I truly didn't care.

Letting out a sigh, I grabbed my bookbag and made my way to the kitchen.

"Hey Shane," my mom greeted, flipping a pancake,"I made your favorite."

My stomach growled and for a moment, I actually considered eating breakfast, but that was a plate load of calories I didn't need.

"Sorry Mom. Not hungry," I replied, moving towards the door.

My sister, Kaitlin, sighed as she came into the room,"You didn't eat yesterday either. Breakfast nor dinner."

I glared at her as my mother turned to me,"You told me you ate out at the restaurant with Kait."

I rolled my eyes and made my way out of the house, not bothering to say anything else.

My mom didn't understand the way I wanted to look.

She didn't get that I had a way losing weight and I wouldn't kill myself doing it.

As I was walking down the street, I caught notice of my next door neighbor walking out of her door, shuffling books.

"Hey Chan," I said, walking up her drive way and grabbing a book off the porch step.

"Shane," she said all the while keeping her head hanging low,"You can't be here. My father will see you."

I raised an eyebrow at her, letting my finger wander to her chin. I slowly guided her head up to look at me.

"Oh Chan," I sighed, examining the forming bruise,"You said he stopped hitting you."

She shook her head and continued picking up her books,"He was drunk this morning and said he doesn't have a daughter. He thinks I'm making it up Shane. He hates me." 

As she stood up straight, a tear fell from her eyes and she let out a small whimper.

I sighed and pulled her into a hug.

All through middle school, Chandler Riggs had begun questioning their gender, and on the first day of freshman year, Chandler Riggs, the boy, was gone, and Chan Riggs, the girl, was here to stay.

People in school didn't get it. They thought Chan did it for attention. That she couldn't be a girl at all because she was born with a penis.

I understood though.

I had questioned my gender way back in middle school as well, but after a few weeks, I realized I was a born as the gender I am, a boy. A bisexual boy that had a lot of respect for someone who could actually come out as what they are and not be ashamed.

Chan had done just that. Ever since that first day of freshman year, she had worn leggings, skirts, dresses, bows, ribbons, and so much glitter.

"You should tell someone," I said to her, making our way back down the driveway,"You could get away."

She smiled at me,"He's all I have left Shane."

"You could come live with me," I offered.

"What?" she asked, stopping.

"He could go to jail and you can live with my mom, Kait, and I.  We could all live together and he would never hurt you again."

She reached her hand up to my face and pressed her lips against my own.

I lifted my hand into her hair and pulled her closer with the other.

When she pulled back, she smiled,"That's really sweet, but he's my father and I'm turning eighteen in a couple of weeks anyways."

"Chan," I begged,"He could really hurt you in those couple of weeks. Let me help you."

She shook her head and placed another kiss on my lips,"I can't send him to jail."

"Chan! Listen to me. I've known you for years and I see the way he hurts you and that hurts me too. You can't expect me to sit by and watch that happen."

"I can," she whispered,"I can expect you to let me make my own choices because I let you make yours each and every day. You think I don't see you starving yourself, but I do Shane."

"I dont-"

"Save it," she smiled,"Listen, I'll meet you in the middle. I'll come live with you guys, but I'm leaving my dad out of it."

I really wanted to argue with her, but she was right.

This was her decision.

I couldn't force her to press charges, but I could help her get away from the abuse.

"Fine." I replied, placing a small kiss on her lips,"But remember, I don't care if you have a penis or vagina or anything else you could possibly have under your clothes. I like you for you and that's never going to change."

I feel like this imagine went no where fast. Whatever. It's kinda cute.

So, recently, I asked you guys which imagine I should submit to my English teacher and a lot of you guys said Forever and Always, so I did it.

I'll let you guys know the results of that when I get the grade back.

Recently, I've been getting a lot of reads and votes and I want to thank y'all for that.

Also, shameless self promotion.

I have a new story on my main account @miki called Steadily Breaking mention a user

Okay, so I think I'm going to end the imagine at 100, so we're getting there. After that, I might do a full blown Chandler fanfic.

Yaaaayy. I hope you guys and gals will read the stories. 💕

Luv ya ~Miki