Freedom

I let out a sigh of frustration and plopped down in the dirty, old chair in the run down hospital.

Noah and I had attempted our escape, but he was the only one who made it out.

At times, I was bitter about the fact that he was out there when I was stuck here with Dawn and her crazy delusions, but then, I think that Noah being free was worth it.

The only thing that I missed more than my freedom was my blended family.

Through the time of the apocalypse, I had become extremely lose to Maggie, Beth, Sasha, Tyreese, Daryl, Carol, Glenn, Rick, and my boyfriend, Carl.

They had become the family that I had lost so long ago, and for that, I was grateful.

Suddenly, the room door burst open and I was met with the she-devil, Dawn.

"What do you want?" I questioned.

She rolled her eyes and motioned for me to get up, "Come with me. Your little group has organized a trade. My officer for you."

I smiled.

I knew they would come back for me. They wouldn't let me go that easily.

I stood up and walked to the door, pausing for a moment to let my glare shine down on the deranged officer for a moment.

"Let's go," she said, gripping my shoulder tightly enough for me to let out a whimper.

Dawn led me down a series of hallways until my eyes lit up at the sight of them.

My family, Rick, Daryl, Sasha, Carol, Tyreese, and Carl. I had no idea where the rest of them were, but I figured I would see them soon, so I didn't worry as much.

I watched as Rick pushed forward the officer that was with them. Dawn let out a sigh of relief before letting go of my shoulder, allowing me to calmly walk over to Rick, where he smoothed down my hair and kissed my forehead.

"I'm glad we could work things out," Dawn said, causing me to look at her skeptically.

"Yeah," Rick grumbled, words coated in sarcasm.

Carl walked up to my and after slipping one hand into my hair, he closed the gap between our two beings, connecting our lips.

"I missed you so much, Cel," Carl muttered against my lips, not letting me go.

I knew exactly what he was feeling right now.

He craved my touch, like I craved his. He didn't want to let me go for ear of what would happen. I didn't want to be taken away again, and he didn't want me to be taken.

If I could, I would spend every last moment of my life holding him, touching him, doing anything in my power to be near him.

He pulled my back to his lips and kissed them hard, pushing my back against the hospital wall.

It was amazing how the place that I had grown to call hell had become a heaven in just minutes.

Daryl tapped on my shoulder and both Carl and I turned to look at him.

"I don't know if you guys noticed, but we have to get out of here."

I nodded and we continued down the hall, until...

"Now I just need Noah."

We all turned back around to look at the crowd of officers that was still standing there.

"And then you can leave," Dawn continued.

"That wasn't part of the deal," Rick shot back.

"Noah was my ward. Beth took his place and I'm losing her, so I need him back. My officers put their lives on the line to find him. One of them died."

Daryl let out a huff and pushed Noah back, "He ain't staying."

"He's one of mine," Dawn practically sang, "You have no claim on him."

"The boy wants to go home, so you have no claim on him," Rick said back.

Carl wrapped his arms around me and I snuggled into his chest, breathing in the smell that I had missed so much.

Dawn shook her head, "Well, then we don't have a deal."

"The deal is done." Rick snapped, causing me to jump.

"It," Noah said, hobbling forward, "It's okay."

"No," Rick said, throwing his arm out to stop him, eyes never leaving Dawn.

"I gotta do it," Noah replied. He reached behind him and pulled out a gun, offering it to Rick.

I looked at Carl and thought about how it felt not having my family.

"It's not okay," I said, shaking my head and stepping away from my boyfriend.

"It's settled," Dawn stated, ignoring me completely.

Noah looked at her with severe disgust before continuing down the hall towards her.

"Wait," I called.

I hobbled over to my newest friend and wrapped my arms around his neck, squeezing tightly. I couldn't help but think of how unfair it was that I was going back to my family, but Noah was stuck here. I pulled him tighter and nuzzled face into his neck.

Noah let out a small chuckle in my ear,"It's okay."

"I knew you'd be back."

I opened my eyes and glared at Dawn, slowly releasing Noah, and stepping to the she-devil, face to face.

"I get it now," I whispered shortly.

I reached back and suddenly, nothing.

**Carl's POV**

I widened my eyes in shock.

My hands were shaking.

I couldn't breath.

"Celeste?"

Dawn looked down at what she had done and looked up to find my pistol in her face.

"I didn't-"

I pulled the trigger and then everything was a blur.

Tears welled my eyes as her crew of officers drew their weapons.

I don't really remember what happened after that.

There's a faint memory of me picking up the lifeless form of my girlfriend and carrying her out to the last place her skin would reach the sunlight.

I can only recall the broken faces of the group as we exited that hospital.

It was quite ironic.

Hospitals were supposed to save your loved ones, not take them away from you.

I loved her.

I love her.

I miss her.

Celeste.

Woooooww... I think I really like this one.

AND IM GOING TO GUSH ABOUT THE FACT THAT YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST READERS ON THE PLANET!!! I had such terrible writer's block and I cried out for help, sparking a series of amazing requests. AAAAAANNNNDDDDD 11.3K reads ♥♥♥

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!

This imagine is dedicated to @kacie_searle

Thanks a bunch for reading and commenting an awesome request lovebug