Rain

I looked out the window longingly with a small smile on my face.

It was amazing how I was in the place I loved at the moment, but I still wanted to be somewhere else.

Normally, it was extremely hot and stuffy around here, but today, the sun was gone and the clouds were out. The gray was allowing torrents of water to pour out of the sky with such velocity, that the sound echoed into the classroom.

"Marley," my best friend said as she tapped me, "You're spacing out again."

I nodded," I just want to go outside."

"It's pouring out there. You'd be better off in here."

I sighed and listened as my favorite teacher taught my favorite subject.

"Okay," she said, standing at the front of the room," I want you all to paint a picture of an emotion you're feeling. You guys have until the end of the period."

I looked out the window and then at the clock, suddenly finding the inspiration for the project.

By the end of the period, I had a picture of a crying girl, holding a rose, all painted in a monochromatic blue color scheme.

I wrote loneliness on the back and hand it in before making my way out of the classroom speedily, poorly making an attempt to avoid bumping into the other people in the hall.

"Sorry," I grumbled, stumbling out the door and into the rain and allowing it to soak me.

The kids that passed me gave me a variety of odd looks as I stood there, grinning like an idiot at the natural occurrence.

I don't understand how people found it in them to hate the rain. It always made me feel at peace and one with nature. It was something that people looked at frowned upon, shaking their heads and rolling their eyes.

But not me.

I loved every last bit of it.

The look.

The smell.

The feel.

Everything.

Suddenly, I felt arms wrap around me and I smelt the familiar lavender that I had come to be extremely fond of.

"Hey baby," Chandler muttered in my ear, placing his head on my shoulder and kissing my neck.

"Don't ruin my rain," I said while wrapping my arms around his own that were still holding me extremely close.

I felt his wet hair stick to the side of my face as he kissed my cheek.

I laughed and we swayed in the downpour.

"Mar," my bestie said, following my name with a disgusted groan.

As she moved into my line of sight, I noticed she was wearing a hoodie and using an umbrella.

"Does this really have to happen every time school ends?" she asked, obviously talking about mine and Chandler's public displays of affections.

"Mia," Chandler said, laughing at her over my shoulder, "Don't be jealous that I have such a beautiful girlfriend and I show her that at every given moment that I can because I miss her when I don't see her during the day."

"Nasty," Mia muttered as I laughed, "Can we please go because I don't want to stand in the rain anymore."

I sighed," I still don't understand how you don't enjoy the rain."

I pushed Chandler's hands down and grabbed one, swinging our hands together as we walked to my boyfriend's car.

"Your hair looks pretty, Mar," Chandler commented as he reached over with the hand I wasn't holding and placed with a soaked clump.

I laughed and Chandler unlocked the door, leaving Mia to scurry into the back seat and settle in the place where she was protected from the rain that she hated so dearly.

I hopped on the hood of Chandler's car and he ran one of his hands through my hair and kissed me.

"What is it about that rain that makes you so excited during the rainy season?" Chandler said between the kisses.

"I just do," I said with a giggle, hopping down and getting into the passenger seat of the car.

Two Days Later

I coughed and hugged my boyfriend's arm, snuggling close to his warm flannel in the chilled sunny weather, and squeezing his hand.

Chandler sneezed and I let out a small "aw."

"Holy hell," Mia said, "This is what the two of you get for dancing in the rain. You get sick and you both look terrible."

I smiled at my best friend, "Thanks, Mi. I can always count on you to keep it honest with me."

Chandler started to play with my dirty blonde curls that I knew were frizzy and full of static.

"Damn right. I bet you regret it now, don't you?"

I shook my head, turning to kiss my boyfriend and smiled, "It was totally worth it."

I really liked this chapter for some reason. It took me forever to write, (It's currently 1:39 a.m ☺☺☺)but I like it.

THANK Y'ALL SO FREAKING MUCH FOR THE 6.8K, ALMOST 6.9K, VOTES AND ALMOST 300 COMMENTS. ALSO, THIS IS THE 60TH CHAPTER AAAANNND IN ONE MONTH, ON THE 26TH OF JULY, THIS IMAGINE STORY WILL BE 1 YEAR OLD!!!!

It truly means the world to me that you guys are reading and enjoying the imagines and it makes me want to keep writing everyday.

Thank you!!!!