The Walls

Day 1

I looked across the dining hall to see him sitting with Rick and Judith.

Carl Grimes.

It was a name heard around here often with his father always worrying about his every move.

I couldn't speak for the other girls in Alexandria, but I knew that I was in love with him.

I had known Carl since the beginning of the thing where the world went to shit. His group came across me and my sister, humbly offering us a chance at survival.

Carl was always nice to me, but I could tell that he didn't like me the way I liked him and I knew I had to deal with that.

"Stop staring at him," Gabriella, my sister said, lightly smacking my hand.

"I wasn't," I grumbled in return, lowering my eyes to the food that some of the women in the town prepared.

"I don't understand why you don't just ask him out," my sister said, stabbing at a piece of carrot on her plate.

I rolled my eyes and we continued our meal in silence.

I was slightly excited considering I would be going with Rick and Carl to plant some crops fro Alexandria.

Finishing my food, I walked over to the other table and sat down with my friends.

"Hey Rick, Michonne," I said with a wave.

They smiled at me as I sat down next to Carl and across from Michonne.

"Carl," I said with a smile.

He looked at me and smiled,"Hey."

We all chatted quietly as everyone finished their meal and then departed to the fields then after.

Carl and I started pulling up the potatoes while Rick turned the soil over, when we heard the screams of the townspeople coming from all around.

"Find your sister," Rick yelled,"Protect them."

I couldn't even figure out whether or not he was talking about me before Carl nodded and ran off to the house with me closely behind.

Maggie was holding a crying Judith and trying to calm her down.

"My dad needs your help, Mag," Carl said, taking his sister from Maggie.

"What's going on out there?"

"I don't know," I replied,"There was screaming and Rick took off. "

Maggie nodded and turned to the door, taking off in the direction of the wall.

I waited a second, watching what was going on outside while Carl rocked Judith to sleep and placed her back in her crib.

Suddenly, I saw something I had hoped I would never see again.

Walkers.

Inside the walls.

There was one that was walking up the lawn and towards the house that Carl, Judith, and I were in.

"Carl!"

The boy came bounding up to the door and marveled at the creature that was so rare here.

"Close the door," I said as it crept closer.

Carl closed the door and locked all three of its locks before a thud was heard on the other side. Both Carl and I jumped when the door faltered.

I moved to the only thing blocking us from certain death and put my back against it, pushing all of my weight on it and praying that it didn't budge.

Carl came beside me and did the same.

"W-what if it breaks t-through?" I stuttered in a panic.

Carl took my hand into his own and smiled at me,"It won't."

The look in his eyes gave me a feeling of safety and everything felt like it was going to be okay for a while.

And then I realized we were holding hands.

I blushed at the fact, but didn't pull my hand away.

"I really like you," I said.

I clamped my hand over my mouth as he smiled at me, squeezing my hand in comfort once more.

"I really like you too."

Awww cute. I realized that I hadn't done a Carl Grimes one in a while so wala.

Topic:  Holding Hands.