☽ So Close But So Far

Start from the beginning

I escaped outside to clear my head and breathe in the fresh air.

Instead of finding peace, I found Zack and Noelle trying to kill each other.

Zack was on top of Noelle, choking her so violently that his knuckles were white. She bit his arm but he didn't let go of her throat.

Furious, I ran over and tried to rip him off her.

"What are you doing?" I screamed and they both flinched.

"Can I go a minute without someone trying to strangle me?" Noelle coughed with his hands still on her throat.

"She started it." Zack spat in her face and she spat in his.

"Leave. Her. Alone." I commanded strongly.

Zack blinked and actually got off her. Noelle relaxed and quickly stood up.

"Wow, I can't believe that worked." I laughed smugly.

"Did you just use an Alpha command on me?" Zack asked in shock and I just stood there.

What was an Alpha command?

Alpha's use them to control other wolves, Noelle said in my head.

"Yes." I answered hesitantly, wondering if this command was a perk of my powers. I hoped it was.

"Well. . . Why?" He looked dumbstruck and I couldn't fathom why he was so surprised.

"Because I can."

Noelle smirked, "You should use it on him more often."

"Now, why were you two trying to kill each other?" I asked curiously.

"He lied to me." She huffed.

"She's the liar." He muttered.

"What did he lie about?" I ignored him.

"He said you moved away."

Zack defended himself, "We don't need her."

"Shut up." I turned to him and back to her. "Then why did you come back?"

She shrugged, "I had a feeling he was lying." I'm happy she had that feeling and came back.

"You," I rounded on Zack, angry that he drove her away, "Why did you tell her I was moving away? How does that help anyone?"

"She's a rogue, Maddy, and rogues aren't really known to be friendly with other wolves."

I bristled at the word rogue. Why did everyone have a problem with them? They weren't drastically different from others.

"Well, I'm telling you, be nice." I warned and Zack snorted.

Both of them glared at each other before walking in opposite directions.

I spent the rest of the afternoon alone until I ran into Conrad. I didn't know a lot about him, other than that he was the Beta, so I sat down on the grass next to him.