Chapter 29

Sometimes I wanna live, sometimes I wanna die.

There was loud noise coming from my reality and I groaned loudly as my brain slowly began to wake up. Looking across at my clock, I groaned again as it told me the time was barely after six. When there was no end to the noise, I angrily sat up and spent a good ten minutes evaluating the meaning of my life.

Another ten minutes later I had finally calmed down and I grabbed my robe before heading out my room. To my surprise I found Carrie and both her parents in the kitchen. It wasn't really surprising that they were here, just that Aunt Rosa was not arguing but making loud noise in the kitchen as she prepared breakfast.

"Good morning." I said cautiously and on cue, everyone turned to face me.

"Morning." Carrie responded but I only got nods from her folks.

Carrie puts her mug down and grabs my hand as she leads me into the living room. "So, you still coming?"

"Huh?"

"Today's the trial."

"Oh, shit! Right."

I had completely forgotten that Veronica's douchebag of an ex was going on trial today for the attempted murder of my cousin and the attack on herself.

"What time is the trial?"

"It's at 9."

"Carrie! It's literally 6 on a freaking Wednesday morning. Couldn't you guys wait till 8 to be this loud?"

"I'm sorry. I know you got in late but I didn't know my mom was coming and I guess this is her way of not talking to me."

I sighed as I realized she was right. Her mom had gone a good few months without talking to her and even though I remembered the last time we spoke I still couldn't hate Carrie for being glad that her mother showed up.

"Where's Veronica?"

"She's meeting us at the courthouse. It would have been too weird to have her here so..."

"Yeah."

We headed back to the kitchen and the rest of the morning was spent in silence with us just eating before Carrie and I got ready to leave. I knew Uncle Austin probably convinced his wife to come and as much as it was commendable, it was still very weird and awkward.

By 8:30 we were at the courthouse and boy was I surprised when I saw not only Veronica and her family but also Carrie's friends, which sadly, included Darcy.

Everyone greeted each other and I made it my duty to avoid her before the lawyers came and separated us. The girls were instructed to sit up front, the parents were in the second row and then the other supporters filled the rest of the room.

To be honest, there were lots of people here and I was just happy that majority were my cousin's supporters. We looked at each other at the same time and I smiled my encouragement just as someone blocked my view. My smile faltered when Darcy came and sat right next to me and I tried my best to keep my heart from racing.

The defendant and his lawyers entered next and the room got stark quiet; something that I never thought would happen. He was dressed in a suit and out of handcuffs and I vaguely wondered why they would let a maniac free. I wanted to jump from my seat and run across the room to him and sink a knife so far into his chest that he'd feel the kind of pain he put my cousin through.

The bailiff announced the arrival of the judge and I snapped out from my dark thoughts before standing. My eyes wondered over to my aunt who just happened to be sitting in between my mom and her twin brother and to my surprise, she was smiling at Carol. This was the first time I'd seen this since she came out and my cold heart melted a bit at the sight.

We were told to sit and I flinched as Darcy's leg brushed against mine. I really didn't want to see her after yesterday but it seemed like luck was never in my favor. I tried to focus on the scene before me but we were sitting right next to each other and I knew she was purposely sitting this close to me. Pulling out my phone, I tried to distract myself but when Darcy's pinky subtly caressed my exposed leg, an unexpected shiver travelled through me.

"Stop." I gritted as I tried not to draw any attention to us.

"I'm not doing anything."

I pulled my leg away and tried once more to focus as Brian took the stand. Anthony had his head down and refused to look at anyone and this caused my heart to soften with joy. Good you little bastard, I hope you rot in jail.

By 11 some of the witnesses had been cross examined and they were about to put Veronica on the stand. I rolled my neck to get some of the tension out before deciding to stretch my leg. Anthony's whole defense was based on his stupid homophobic nonsense and I'd had enough of hearing them make the victims out to be the suspects.

I quietly excused myself and walked down the hall before detouring to the first washroom I saw. The mirror showed me how frustrated I looked and I could see the rage that was pent up inside me. Taking a deep breath, I rinsed my hands and face before quickly reapplying my makeup. I considered putting on some lipstick but before I could reach a decision Darcy marched through the door, locked it then headed directly for me.

I didn't even have time to note her work skirt and blouse before she grabbed me and forced me against a wall. Her lips soon crashed to mine and that was all it took to have my brain shutting down.

"Keep your hands up." She whispered as she placed them above my head. I vaguely wondered what she meant until I saw her stoop and spread my legs. My hands immediately went down to stop her but once again she stood.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Keep your hands up or I just might have to punish you."

My mouth opened to protest but she once again captured it in a heated kiss. Was she really expecting to munch on my carpet in a restroom? This was going too far but my brain powered down when she tugged at my nipple. I didn't know when she'd gotten access but I couldn't care less at this point. She was clearly an expert at this and I was powerless.

She nibbled at my neck before biting and sucking all the wall down to my stomach. With her teeth she started to pull my top up before she held it just above my nose. I was now completely blinded and exposed.

Darcy quickly took a breast into her mouth and I moaned as her fingers slipped past my skirt and went straight down.

"Can you believe how wet you are? You dirty, dirty girl." She whispered against my ear and I moaned as she squeezed my clit hard between her fingers.

It was painful but when she slowly started to rub it I felt so much pleasure.

"Do you want me to make you come?" She whispered as she nuzzled the area closest to my ear. I nodded but she bit my ear, hard.

I screamed just as she captured my mouth with hers and two of her fingers invaded my womanhood.

"I want to hear you say it." She demanded and I instantly replied.

"Please." I moaned as her fingers increased their onslaught.

"Please what?" She teased before biting down on one of my nipples.

"Please make me come."

The room was filled with my moans as she continued to pump her fingers faster and faster in me and she released my hands after pulling off my top. My hands pulled on her hair as she switched breasts and I moaned incoherently. She was suddenly kissing down my stomach and her fingers came out as she spread my legs further.

When her mouth connected with my heat my eyes rolled back and my back arched as she expertly fulfilled my darkest desires. At this point I couldn't care less if someone heard us and she obviously didn't mind as her mouth showed no signs of stopping.

I was sure my voice would be gone by the time we were done and as soon as her tongue entered, my body exploded. This was probably the tenth time in 3 days that she made me cum and slowly I was becoming addicted to her.

We pulled apart from each other and Darcy washed her hands and face before winking at me and heading out. I fixed my clothes and applied some lipstick before I exited and saw two security guards smiling at me. I dropped my head in shame before quickly re entering the courtroom.