Chapter 4

When the ocean rise and thunders roll, will you stay by my side?

I walk back into my tiny office and Darcy pretends to look at something on her phone as I sit next to her.

"Really?"

"What?"

"You are the world's worst spy."

"Good thing I'm a lesbian."

I shook my head as the laughter erupted from me and I ran my fingers through my hair before resting my chin on my hands.

"Do you think I should take him back?"

"That's a pretty shitty thing to do but I mean, he sounds sincere."

I bit the bottom of my lip as I took out my phone and searched for the wretched text since I couldn't convince myself to delete it.

"Did you really lose your virginity to him?"

"Gosh, eavesdrop much?" I shook my head at her remark and leaned back as I folded my arms. "At least I lost it, rumor has it, you're still one."

"That rumor is false."

I shot up in my chair as my curiosity got the better of me. "Oh my gosh, who was it? I thought that you were afraid of the whole 'penetration thing'."

"I was-"

"Who was he? Is he someone from our college? One of Carrie's friends? A one night stand?"

"No-" she laughed "God no, none of that. It was by a girl."

"What? That's impossible. Was she a transgender?"

"You know about transgenders?" She looked at me incredulously and I rolled my eyes. "Good for you for being involved with the community, and no, she used a strap on."

"Wasn't that painful? Isn't that like, worse than the actual thing?"

"Kinda... I guess. She's an expert so it didn't really hurt there."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

Darcy threw her head back with laughter as she saw my wide eyes and scared look.

"Oh god, nothing drastic Jane. She just created pain and pleasure all over so when it did happen my body was still tryna wrap it's head around everything."

"Oh. I'm still confused."

"Gosh-"

She looked down at her lunch as if trying to decide how to explain it to me and I watched as she failed to hide her smile.

"Have you ever heard of dominatrix?"

"What?"

"It's a woman who dominates others for sheer pleasure."

"Like BDSM?"

"Yeah, exactly!"

"Oh... So you're into BDSM?"

"Yeah, you can say so."

"Is it a job or a hobby?"

"Both... You should swing by sometime. It's at Black Panther's."

"Black Panther's? On Pepper street?"

"Yup."

"Oh."

I stared down at the half eaten fries before me and contemplated throwing it out but couldn't just waste money. After dealing with Ryder and then hearing Darcy's weird sex story, my appetite was gone for good.