Indeed, it was a horrific night for Densmore, the capital of the kingdom. Packages containing bombs were delivered in the central offices of the police and in two ministries. Luckily, there weren't fatalities, but a lot of people were injured and there were massive destructions in the buildings.

"Where are we going?" she asked hesitantly the next morning, as they were waiting in front of the palace entrance for their car to be double-checked from the security men. After the last night's incident, you could see bodyguards everywhere checking the space and protecting the future king and queen. As the threat was aiming the realm, it was decided to lead them in a safe place. For that transfer, they would be accompanied by twelve cars with armed men.

"My family owns a country house, two hours from here. No one gets there, except my father and his friends once or twice per year, during hunting. I'm not keen on these activities, and so I barely go there, but it's a nice place, secluded and cozy. That's why I thought we could spend this weekend there until the things cool down. We can go, relax and spend time all alone, without interruptions. There will be no staff at all, just us and heavy security around the perimeter. Different bedrooms, of course."

He had learned to read her eyes before he could hear her. And her eyes were really eloquent, revealing anxiousness and inquiry.

"Different bedrooms, of course," he added and Roselyn welcomed his idea with a shy smile.

"You don't have to worry about a thing. They have already sent someone to clean, to fill the refrigerator, to repair some things. Can you cook?"

                            ***

The flames were entangled in their eternal dance trying to swallow and conquer each other. She was standing in front of the marble fireplace enjoying a glass of expensive fruity wine. The huge living room of the cottage was rustic and decorated with gray stone and simple furniture, while from the ceiling were hanging huge chandeliers. The attacks had caused a terrible disruption, but they also provide a unique and rare opportunity for them to be together all alone. 

Time was passing rapidly

Time was passing rapidly. The night had already arrived, but it seemed like only a few minutes had passed. They had departed from the palace early in the morning with a civilian car with dark, bulletproof windows so that nobody could recognize them. Alexander was driving through the national road, while Roselyn spent most of the time watching him driving.Ignoring the large jeeps of the secret services and the trained specialists who were ready to protect them, the princess kept staring at the man next to her. So masculine and attractive, dressed in jeans and a leather black jacket, he was concentrated on the road, drinking coffee now and then by a paper cup Hudson had prepared. He was in a great mood, murmuring songs, smirking at her or taking her hand in his and kissing it.

They spent most of their first day outside. He showed her around and then, they started walking next to a pond, joking and teasing each other. The place was picturesque and impregnable, not only by the security measures but also by  the dense trees provided the privacy they coveted to kiss and hug each other freely.