Chapter 19

When he turned around and faced Krish and I, I saw him.

It was Amresh uncle. I recognized his face. I mean how couldn't I? He was one of my dad's best friends since childhood. Why would he do this?

"Amresh Uncle?" Krish and I said in unison.

Everyone turned around and faced us. Papa and nanu had teary eyes when they saw us in this condition and so did the others.

As they started walking towards us, we heard gunshot. Amresh uncle had a gun pointed towards the sky and then to me.

I was speechless. I thought he was family and loved us. We always went to him for food when we were little but how can he do this?

"Amresh uncle what are you doing?" I asked him as I observed his face.

"I am about to kill you and Krish," said Amresh as he came closer to us and papa and others followed him.

I had my eyes pierced to Krish's. My own family member wants to kill me. He was always a family member. Did he always wanted to kill me? Why? Why Krish? He isn't even related to us so then why him?

"Don't think too hard Radha, I swear this will be quick. Just-" he started but I cut him.

"Why are you doing this?" I interjected.

"Oh Radha you don't know?" He said, smiling. I had a confused look on my face and his eyes opened wide. "Oh you really don't know!" He looked back at papa and nana and said "you haven't told them?" Papa and nana shook their head as he laughed. "Well this will be interesting."

"What? What haven't they told us?" I asked as curiosity took over me.

"That he is Krishna," he said and smirked.

I looked over my shoulder and found krish looking at me. "I know he is Krishna. Papa and nana told me," I said as I looked at nana who looked at papa.

"Who is Krishna?" He asked as he came but more closer.

"This is Krishna," I said pointing towards krish.

"I know that's him but he isn't what you think he is," he said as I looked at krish.

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"I mean that he is the Krishna that you've been looking for since you came here. He is your childhood love and best friend," he said.

I was shocked. I turned around and faced krish whose expressions were the same as mine. At last I noticed that he pulled the gun on my forehead. I heard meeta, kavya and others gasp. I turned back and started shivering a bit.

"A-A-Amresh U-Un-Uncle... I-I-I don't..." I started but I was so scared to even continue. I closed my eyes and tears started rolling down my eyes.

"Leave her," I heard krish.

"I can't let any of you go. I need all of that money which is only by killing you all. None of you will get out of this alive," Amresh uncle said as he took the gun away from my head.

Suddenly krish kicked the gun out of Amresh Uncle's hand which landed on the ground, behind him.

Just as we were about to move, many guards came behind someone. I squinted my eyes and saw who it was. It was Aditya.

What is he doing here? Why does he just show up and leave out of nowhere?

While I was thinking, I looked over at krish who was looking at Aditya with anger. His eyes were intense and I sensed trouble.

"Here he is," Amresh uncle said as Aditya walked over to him.

His eyes were pierced to mine and I saw guilt on his face. He shook his head and stood next to Amresh uncle.

"Don't look down, look up because I am proud of you. You have done something that I couldn't do in all these years," Amresh uncle stated and patted Aditya's shoulder.

I looked back at krish who was filled with anger. He was about to go to Aditya but I held him back because if he did, Aditya wouldn't be in one piece but two.

He looked at me and I shrugged. He stepped back and held my hand in his. I looked up and saw dad, nanu and others standing there and smiling at us. While meeta's head was low, I saw a smile on her face.

I held onto krish's hand tight because this time, no matter what, I am not letting go of him. Under no circumstance am I letting go of him ever now.

"We will give you anything you want Amresh, just let my kids go," nanu pleaded.

"I don't want your pity now. I thought the blast would've combined our companies completely so I can take the money but no. All of you decided to divide the wealth which is now going to be bad. Now the only thing I want to do is kill you all," Amresh uncle stated, angrily.

When I heard about the blast, I got mad. Because of him, mom died. I stepped forward with krish and Aditya came towards us, stopping us.

He looked at us and then we backed away and so did he. Amresh uncle came towards us and then smiled.

"Not so soon Radha. I am not going to him but you and your family are," he spoke.

I was disgusted with him now. How could he? But I remembered Aditya and I stopped.

Amresh uncle's hand moved forward but by bit. I looked back and we were on the edge of the cliff. Couple of steps back and we both would've died.

Suddenly I saw cops come towards Amresh uncle. "Mr. Amresh, you are under arrest," the police office spoke as he held out the handcuff.

On the other side, nanu, dad and others smiled not knowing what was yet to come.

"Either way I will kill you both," he said, looking at me and krish.

His hand moved closer and closer to us.

___________________________

I'm very sorry for the late update. I am happy to announce that this story is coming to an end. Thank you so much for your support.