Chapter 2

~15 YEARS LATER~

Now Radha is 22
Krish is 24
Kavya is 20
Meeta is 20

Meeta and kavya don't really remember Radha because when she moved they were 5. They know that Radha was their friend but they don't exactly know how.

On the other hand Radha knows that kavya and meeta were her friends along with krish. She doesn't know how they look like now or if they even remember her but she knows one thing that krish will definitely recognize her.

***

Anupan said "Radha? Radha we are leaving. Come quickly."

From upstairs Radha said "I am coming papa(dad) just one minute."

Anupam took all the bags to the car. When he came inside he saw Radha come with a lot of bags. It was covering her face and she was coming down slowly.

Anupam said "beta do you need help?"

Radha said "no papa I am good. It's just this."

Radha went to the car and put everything in it. She turned around and smiled at her dad as she said "ok let's go papa."

They sat inside the car and reached airport. They sat inside the plane and the plane took off to India.

***

Paresh said "kavya? O kavya? Wake up quickly you have to go."

From kavya's room she said "go where dad?"

Paresh said "today is the party at Meeta's house remember. It's the get together."

Upstairs in her room kavya jumps off her bed as she remembers that she promised meeta to be her helping hands.

She takes quick shower and changes into a short dress. It is white with black and red dots. She quickly goes downstairs and says "what am I eating dad?"

Paresh said "you always eat my brain so why not today?"

Kavya laughs and asks "dad I am serious."

Paresh said "I thought you and meeta were going to temple and then eating the food meeta made then party starts."

Kavya said "oh shit. What time is it."

They both look at the clock and its 12:37 pm. Kavya feels bad.

Kavya said "oh no. Meeta told me to go with her at 8:30 in the morning and now it's 12:37 pm. She must be more hungry than I am. I really have to go dad."

Kavya takes her bag and as she leaves she says "bye dad. See you at the party."

Her dad sighs and says "bye beta."

***

Amresh said "meeta? Meeta?"

Meeta was cleaning in kitchen and said "what papa?"

Amresh said "go to kavya's house and get her because you know she won't wake up this early. I know you are hungry."

Meeta said "well papa I won't go because she has to come by herself. And don't worry about me I am good."

Amresh sighed and said "but you haven't ate since yesterday."

Meeta said "papa you know 2nd year of college is gonna start tomorrow and I am excited."

Amresh said "meeta don't change the subject."

Meeta said "papa I-"

Kavya come inside Meeta's house. She cuts meeta and says "I am here."

Amresh says "oh thank god you are here kavya. This girl won't eat until you come."

Meeta doesn't look at kavya. Kavya goes to meeta and hugs her from the side and says "I am sorry Mitzi. I went to sleep late at night yesterday. Remember it was our college reunion party?"

Meeta says "oh well for your kind information I was there too. If i can wake up this early then you can too."

Kavya says "ok fine I am sorry. Let's go."

She drags meeta and smiles at Meeta's dad. They sit in the car and goes to mandir.

***

Nana is sitting with krish inside their living room and he says "so how many?"

Krish said "3 injured and 2 killed."

Nana said "that's my son. And what happened to that girl?"

Krish said "she wasn't his daughter."

Nana gets mad and breaks a vase. Krish says "dad chill. I know we will find her one day. Those two girls that I kidnapped weren't the ones I needed."

Nana said "now you are kidnapping your last chance. Because if she isn't it either then I am going to Pakistan and bombing the whole country because I have it all: money, fame and respect."

Krish said "dad for us it's not respect its because they are scared of us.

Nana goes up to krish to pat his shoulder and said "that's my son. You know very well what is happening around you."

Krish gives blank expressions and says "ya dad." He starts walking upstairs but then his dad says "Krishna? Are you happy?"

Krish stops at the first stair and turns around as he looks at his father. He says "yes dad I am happy."

Nana says "do you still miss radh-"

Krish cuts him and says "dad I have my last chance and I think I should really worry about that. I surely don't want to miss my last chance."

He goes upstairs. Nana sits on the couch and talks to himself. He says "I know Krishna you still miss her. I know you try to hide your feelings but you can't. I wish she was here, if she was we won't be like this." A tear rolled down his cheek. "I miss you my chota pataka."

***

Radha and anupam's plane lands in India. They both took a cab and goes to their old house. When they go there, they see no one there. That house is abandoned.

Radha looks at the house and she remembers how her childhood was spent there. She remembers how they used to play on the slide which is now all covered in spider webs and dirt. A tear rolled down her cheeks as she remembers more and more of the house.