Chapter 1

" Hey did you hear that Cole is hosting a party? We should totally go."

"Yeah we should. I'll ask my mom when I get home."

Yes, I am a 20 year old who still asks her mom for permission.

Margaret and I have been buddies since kindergarten. She's also a wolf and we belong to the same pack, The Dark Moon pack. We live in California and my father's the alpha. When he's at the pack house he's strict and bossy but when he's with us he's pretty chill and laid back. He'll let us do what we want and have our fun but he expects us to be responsible.

"So who's going to the party?"

"Who isn't going? You know as well as I do that his frat throws the best parties."

"Yeah you're right. So should I dress casual or go all out?"

"Definitely go all out. Who knows maybe we can find our mates at this party."

We exit the diner and make our way to the parking lot as we try to remember where we left the car parked. Margaret finds the car and we hurry over to it. I sit in the passenger seat as Margaret starts the ignition and I can't help but ponder at the thought of finding my mate and how he'll look like.

Margaret drops me off at my house and I go in. We have a house separate from the pack house, all the high ranking members of the pack do, and it's just to give us privacy and to have our own space. I take my shoes off and go into the kitchen to see my mom cooking.

"Mom there's a party going on later. Can I go?"

"Yeah sure as long as you're responsible and you behave."

"Alright thanks mom. I love you."

I go up to my room and start on my assignments. I'm in college and let me tell you it's hard. Keeping up with my social life while having to do all these assignments and staying on top of my grades isn't easy. I'm almost done when I hear a knock at my door. I look over to see my dad standing at the door.

"Hey dad. How's the pack doing?"

"Hey princess. The pack is doing great. So, I hear you're going to a party."

"Yup. Someone from school is throwing a party and Margaret and I wanted to go."

"Alright just be safe and-"

"-don't take drinks from anybody. I know."

"Alright I'm just making sure. I'm confident you can take care of yourself. After all, you are my daughter."

He smiles proudly at me before closing the door. I continue doing the rest of my assignments until it's time for me to start getting ready.

I finish getting ready and I'm just waiting for Margaret to pick me up. Margaret texts me she's outside and I get my things. I'm on my way down the stairs when I see my older brother, Logan, coming in through the front door.

"Hey bro."

"Hey idiot."

"Fuck y-"

"Language kids!"

I look at my brother and stick the middle finger up. I go down the rest of the stairs and yell goodbye to my parents. I get into Margaret's car car and she looks me up and down.

"Wow look at you. You look really good."

"Thank you. You look good too."

"Alright then let's go to the party and have a good time."

When we get there music is blasting. There are red solo cups littering the front yard and there are teens laying passed out. We get out of the car and walk across the front yard kicking aside the solo cups. We make it inside the house and it's so crowded. We push through the people to make it into the kitchen and make ourselves a drink. We take a couple drinks before making our way to the dáncele floor. I'm so into the music that I don't even realize Margaret isn't next to me anymore. I shrug it off and keep dancing and eventually we found each other.

I stop in my tracks as I smell this intoxicating smell and my head shoots up as I scan the room. My eyes lock onto this guy across the room and our eyes meet. A small gap escapes my mouth as realization dawns upon me and I realize who he is.

Brandon Greys, the guy that has girls at his feet and that all guys envy. The guy that girls go crazy over and would do anything to simply get his attention.

My feet seem to have a mind of their own and my surroundings disappear as I make my way over to him. I stand in front of him and we just look each other in the eye.

"Mate."

___________________________________
That was the first chapter of The Alphas Unknown Baby, please tell me in the comments what you think of it.
It's my first time writing a book, so I'm new to all this.