Chapter 1

"When you are good at something, it's a curse." She was sitting in her living room drinking a bottle of tequila. She never used a glass or a cup. It always tasted better coming from a bottle. She loved to drink. She loved the cold taste on her lips and the burn as it slid down her throat. She loved the warm feeling in her stomach. The way it masked her problems. Was she an alcoholic? She didn't go to meetings or replayed all the mistakes she made, but it caused difficulties. She lost her driver's license. She had a DUI and several assault charges. It's hard for her to get a job, but she didn't care.

Her days and nights were filled with one-night stands. She loved the touch of a man's hands all over her body and the feeling of a warm cock deep between her legs. She claimed that she had a healthy sexual appetite. She had her fair share of conquests. Her wake of lust left both men and women with broken hearts. It was more than a healthy sexual appetite. It bordered on addiction and every day she needed her fix.

She took advantage of strangers. Everybody was a stranger, because she had very few friends, if any. She used people for money, services and sex. They believed they were getting something in return, but they got nothing, but a smile or a slap. Was she an alcoholic? Yes. Was she a manipulator of people? Yes. But these weren't her curse.

She finished off the bottle of tequila and glared at the patio door. She saw several visitors outside waiting to come in. Their faces twisted with the snarls of hunger. Their eyes blackened. Their hands left bloody prints that slowly dripped down. The sound of cutting glass as their nail clawed. They needed to come in, but they can't. She smiled and laughed at the poor souls. She knew what was going to happen to them next. She put on her fingerless black leather gloves. She reached behind her chair and grabbed her katana. She stood up.

"Come on in, Motherfuckers!" she yelled. Vampires couldn't enter your dwelling, if not properly invited. They burst through the glass door. There were five, pretty bad odds, for them. These were throwaways as she referred to them. They fed on blood but had no powers. They were slightly stronger than the average human, but she wasn't your average human. Her name was Ciara. She was trained by the best and these bastards were going to receive the benefits of what she learned.

The first one rushed at her. She was a recent kill. There was evidence of her human self. The bite marks on her neck were just as fresh as the track marks on her arms. Poor junkie, but soon she would be at peace. Ciara swung her katana. She used the bite marks on the monster's neck as a guide. Her sword sliced into the monster's flesh, breaking through the bone and broke free on the other side. The head flew off the body and rolled helplessly on the floor. Ciara grabbed one by the throat and slammed him up against the wall. She stabbed through his forehead. This wasn't going to kill him, but it pinned him. She high kicked one in the mouth, knocking out all of its teeth. Ciara always wore her steel toe boots for moments like this. When he hit the floor, she stomped on his head, crushing his jaw and fracturing his skull. It didn't kill him but it was no longer a threat. She ran to her bedroom and two of the vampires followed. A lot of lives and hearts were destroyed in this room, these bastards were no different. She jumped on top of her bed with the monsters right behind. She kept her second katana over the headboard. She removed it from the rack. They clawed at her, missing her by inches. It was one of the advantages of wearing tight tank top and shorts. No loose fabric for those bastards to grab on to. She kept her jet black hair in a bob cut for the same reason.

She quickly turned around. Her blade wiped through the air and sliced through their necks. The blood gushed out like a fountain as the bodies collapsed. These monsters weren't a challenge for her. They attacked more like zombies than vampires. They weren't cunning. They only did straightforward attacks, which made them easy prey.