Things We Remember

Nathaniel:

What had happened to me?

My body ached all over, pain filled my lungs each time I breathed. I had never felt pain like this. My legs were bruised and scarred, there was something black on my arms.

"Eh!" I grunted, holding my side. Warm blood filled my hands.

What do I do? I had never had anything more then a paper scratch in my life. Everything was instantly healed in less than a second back on Malison.

Now mortality and pain was catching up to me, reminding me that I was not on Malison, and that I was dying. How may years did I have left? A hundred? Ten? I hate not knowing things.

My vision blurred in and out, focusing and blurring at the same time. I needed some magic or some sort of miracle to save me now. If only Vestry didn't get sent to Earth and he was here to help me with his ridiculous power of healing. Healing, that he gave to me. I placed my hands over my wound at my side. Pressuring the spot caused it to hurt more.

"Heal." I commanded. Light came from my hands, stitching the skin together. "Seal and maintain." I went through the full range of movement, completing the process then repeating it with each injury on my body.

My stomach however would not stop hurting. I tried three times to heal it but it kept making a growling noise at me. Was there some sort of beast inside of me? Did it climbed down my windpipe while I was passed out on the stone forest floor? Now it was inside me, eating my insides. It let out another growl.

"What did you want, beast?" I yelled my tummy.

It couldn't eat me, right? I had to put food in myself so it would eat that and not me. Yeah, that sounded right. I grabbed my bow. Thankfully Dad was so busy trying to get rid of me that he forgot to take my weapons.

I had fifteen arrows, only seven weren't broken. I had my bow, which had by some miracle survived the fall. Thank goodness! I also had the short sword I grabbed from the boat. Man, that felt like days ago.

My greasy brown hair fell onto my face as I attached an arrow into the string and walked out of wherever the freak I was, probably an entry to a cave.

There had to be something I could feed the beast inside of me, it was getting quite angry with having no food and continued to growl.

"Shh!" I told it. "I'm getting you some food. Keep growling and you will scare it all away!"

I don't think it could hear me, because it just kept growling.

I gazed across the forest to the trees. There had to be something, maybe wild pasta, maybe a sandwich or two wandering in packs? All I could see was a flipping deer and a raccoon!

Where was all the stinking food in this place?

On Malison I have never had to hunt for anything. It was all brought out by servants. I knew most of our food supply came from trade and our small wheat farms.

I mean, here, pasta could look like anything, it could be shell kind or the curly kind, maybe even the spaghetti kind. I had no clue as to what type of pasta lived in these woods. Maybe I could find some Alfredo sauce coming out of a plant or something to eat with the pasta I catch.