Chapter 59- Helping To Move On

Lucy's Pov

"Luce" Cristiano says as he comes to stand in front of me. "I guess we should start on her closet. It will take up most of the time today" I say as the light beams through the now opened curtains. "There's no rush. We don't don't have to do it all today" Elena says opening the window. "Why don't you and Elena sort through the clothes and Jack and I will bring them out of the closet" Cris says giving my hands a light squeeze and I nod. I look around the room and can't believe I am doing this today. She should be here. I shouldn't be doing this.

"Luce" Elena says. "I'm fine" I say wiping under my eyes. "I guess we should make a pile that we want to keep and one for the charity shop" I say. "And I thought you had a lot of clothes" Cristiano mumbles as the clothes in his hands crash onto the bed. "Those two dressers over there are full with clothes too" I say pointing to the other corner. "And you haven't seen her shoes yet" Elena smiles.

"Well you can have first choice since she has...had the same shoe size. "Why does this look familiar?" Cristiano asks and I turn to see him holding a blue dress. "Cos it's mine" I laugh. "Try not to comment on the clothes. There is a big chance that a lot of them are Lucy's so you don't want to insult her taste" Elena says. "I already knows she has good taste" Cristiano smiles at me. "If my taste in football teams also meant other tastes were always good then my life would be a lot easier" I mumble taking a skirt from it's hanger.

"Ouch" I hear and I look at Elena. "Relax it's my idoit not yours" she smiles as Jack hobbles over to the bed. "What happened?" I asked. "This fell on his foot" Cris says bringing a suit case towards me. "She really was leaving" I say sadly. "Luce" Cris says. "I'm fine. Can you pull out the drawers in the dressers please?" I ask and he nods. "He just wants to make sure you are ok" Elena whispers to me. "I know" I say. "We can do this ourselves if you like. There won't be much lifting until the boxes are full so we don't really need the boys at the moment" Elena says. "No. I want......We would only waste time having to listen to Cris warn me not to lift anything heavy" I say as I turn my focus back onto the clothes.

"Damn" Jack says and Cris laughs. "It's ok. Nothing broken yet but it may happen soon thanks to this clumsy man" he says. "Men" Elena says rolling her eyes. "I don't know what to keep" I sigh. "You don't have to take the clothes to the charity shop straight away Lucy. We can just pack the stuff and you can sort through another day" she says. "What are you two doing?" I ask turning to Jack and Cristiano who were making a pile of noise. "I knocked something behind the dresser"Jack says. "And he's not strong enough to lift his side to move it from the wall" Cris smirks at Jack.

"Piss off" Jack says as they move the dresser away from the wall. "What the hell" Jack says. "What is it?" I ask walking over to them as he pulls a big brown covered square package from behind the dresser. "What is it?" Elena asks. "How am I meant to know it's covered" Matt says. "Well open it" Elena says. "Luce" Cris says looking at me. "Open it" i say wondering what it could be. I watch as Matt pulls the brown cover away and gasp when I realize what it is.

"Lucy" Elena says. "I forgot about this" i say kneeling to finish removing the paper. "Hey isn't that" Cris's family I say interrupting Matt. "I well Luce had before I asked. But Tina was painting a picture for Maé for Christmas" Cris says as my eyes gaze over the painting of Dolores with her children around her. "It's lovely" Elena says. "Ya it is" I smile. "She was really good" Cris says and I look up at him. "Ya she was. I'm sure your mother will love it" I say.

"Huh" he says taking my hand as I rise from the floor. "It was meant for Dolores all along. Why should she have it now?" i ask and he nods. "She'll love it" he says. "Right enough yacking we have plenty to do" I say shaking his hand from mine before heading back to the bed. "There's more behind here Lucy" Jack says. "She must have hidden all her paintings back there" Elena smiles.