Chapter 57- Confuse Your Head And Into Your Heart

Lucy's Pov

"He told you that" I whisper. Josh told him. Josh told him. Why? Why is he doing this to me? I think. "I don't care what he said Nathan. He's not thinking straight after Tina's death. He hates me. He hates Cris. It's all lies" I say trying to get my head around what I'm hearing.
I felt good. I actually felt good for once. I know I scared Cris last night. The fear in his eyes. It was fear for me. Me and the baby.

"Nathan if you print that story I'll tell Josh you slept with Tina" I say staking a seat on the couch and I hear Nathan's breathe hitch. I knew that would get his attention. I can't believe he would think about printing a story about me. A story about someone who is meant to be his friend instead of asking me about it in the first place.

"I doubt he'll still be your friend or get over the fact you were almost 19 when you slept with her" I say. And I can only hear his breathing on the other end of the phone. "You've gone a little quiet there Nathan. Let me guess you're working out the math. Now I know your brother got the looks and most of the brains but even you would be able to work out the age gap when you were 19 given the almost 5 year age gap between us all" I say. "You wouldn't" he eventually says.

"Just try me Nathan. I so much as see anything about those lies then I'll tell him and then sue your ass" I say feeling a pain in my head rising. "Ok I won't. I won't print the story" he says. "Thank you" I say. "Luce I'm not the only journalist in the world. People are going to want to print the story. True or not" Nathan says. "I know I can't get away from them. But Nathan" I say. "You break your promise and- You'll get my brother to kick my ass" Nathan finishes.

"Oh I would never do that. I'd just get all your little secrets' from him instead and then tell everyone" I say. "He's in Texas by the way" Nathan says.

"I know. He emailed me. You must love it. Your Mama's fave boy since Ethan won't listen to your mother and wear a suit and find a proper job" I say knowing all the conversations both men had with their mother over the years. "I'm sorry about all this Luce. It's just when Josh told me, I figured it was true. But if you say Ronaldo didn't cheat on you then I feel even more sorry" Nathan says and I keep my eyes on the floor. Did he cheat? Did he not? This is all fucked up I think.

"Ya well just ignore what Josh has to say from now on. Especially if it's something to do me. And why don't you just ask me instead of going behind my back and speak to the agent" I say hanging up. As soon as the call has ended I stand from the couch. "Don't" I say to Cris. I am not listening to any more from him. I can't listen to him telling me he's sorry. That it was all a lie. A lie yet that bitch was still in his house. He can't explain that to me. How can I ever believe him?

"Wait. Are you not going to explain what that was all about?" Jorge asks. "What is there to explain? About from the fact Josh decided my life isn't fucked up enough. He wanted to make sure the world had a nice story to read also" she says. "Oh Luce" Cris says and I struggle to stop the tears in my eyes. He actually did that to me. "What about the story in September?" Jorge asks. It all seems so pointless now I think. "It didn't seem fair for Cristiano to be made out the bad guy when he hadn't done anything wrong. Then" I snap. "Luce" he says. "I'm going upstairs. I'll see you after your match. If then" I mumble walking out of the room.

"I'll kill him" Elena says as I lay on Cristiano's bed with the phone on loud speak. "Get in line" I say. "Oh Luce I'm so sorry. I can't believe he did that" she says. "Neither can I. Like I couldn't cope reading it in the papers" I say trying not to cry. "Oh sweetie" she says. "People making money from my misery. And Nathan didn't even think about calling me to check if it was true. Like how can people just write lies and think they would be able to get away with it" I say.