Chapter 65- Easy Tiger

Lucy's Pov

I waited. And waited and waited. I turned in the bed and looked at the clock. It was almost midnight and he still wasn't back. I sit up in the bed and run my hand through my hair. It's been hours since I watched Cris rush out of this room. He was so angry and hurt. He kissed my forehead and rushed out.

I didn't know what to think anymore. Been here with everyone in Madeira felt...felt right I guess. But there was so much..so much had happened in the last few months. Every time I think maybe he and I could get past everything, something happens. Merche appearing in Lisbon had left me feeling sick. She was so pretty standing there. And then there was me with looking like a fat whale. And now he is fighting with his brother. "Huh" I huff and throw back the covers. I grab a sweatshirt and stuff my feet into a pair of flip flops and make my way downstairs. I hear voices coming from the kitchen and Zé and Nuno stop talking when the notice me.

"Lucy what are you doing up?" Nuno asks. "Where is Cris?" I ask. "You should be asleep. Come on let's get you back upstairs" he says walking towards me. "I'm going to find Cris" I say. "Lucy he'll be back soon. Just go back to bed. You shouldn't be over doing it. The baby will be here soon" he smiles at me. "Can you drive me?" I ask. "Lucy it's late. Cris will be back soon. Now go back to bed" he says. "Fine if you won't drive me then I'll drive myself" I say taking a step forward. "Hell no. Cris would want you resting. He's just gone for some fresh air. I spoke to him only moments ago" he says. "You did?" I ask. "Ya now go back to bed" he says and I know he's lying.

"Surely after five hours he has had enough fresh air" I say. "Probably taking in all the good Madeira air before going back to Manchester" Nuno says. "Nuno either you drive me or I'll drive myself" I say. "Neither is going to happen Lucy" he says. "I'll drive you" Zé says and both Nuno and I look at him in surprise. "No" Nuno snaps at him. "She'll just drive herself if someone doesn't drive her" he sighs grabbing a set of keys. "You don't even know where to find him. He's not answering my calls" Nuno says. "You just told me that you were talking to him Nuno" I say.

"Look Lucy" he says. "Don't. I just want to find him ok. Now Zé lets go" I say heading towards the door. "Where do we start? He could be anywhere Lucy" Zé says as he opens the car door for me. "I think I might know where he might be" I say and he gives me a small nod.

"Lucy" Zé says as we drive. I turn my head away from the window and look at him. "Yes" I say. "Cris" he sighs. "What about him?" I ask. "He just..tonight was hard for him. I know you know something happened. I just want..." he stutters. "Want what?" I ask. "He really does love you and he's lucky to have you if you let him" he says. "Thanks Zé" I say as the car comes to a stop. "I guess you know him" he says nodding to Cris's car parked in front of us. "I guess I just listened to him" I say unclicking my seat belt. "Do you want me to wait?" he asks. "You go back to bed. And tell Nuno he isn't to be annoyed at you for taking me here. Especially when I intend to kick his ass for lying to me about talking to Cris" I say and he laughs. "You go be with Cris" he says. "Thanks for driving me Zé" I say opening the door. "You know you're pretty alright Lucy. Like for a chick who has Cris whipped" he smirks. "Goodnight Zé" I smile and climb out of the car and shut the door.

I pull the sweatshirt tightly around me and walk past Cris's empty car. I knew it was going to be empty but I still peaked into the dark empty car. I made my way down the path as the sun shone onto the sea. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw a figure sitting on a bench. "I used to come here anytime I felt sad or annoyed" he had once said to her.