Chapter 55- Through It Together

Cris's Pov

"Cristiano" Nuno yells and I rush down the stairs. "Come now" he yells and I run two steps at the time. "Nuno" I say rushing to the hall. "Lucy" I gasp. Her hair is wet. Her coat hanging loose. Tears in her eyes as her body shakes. "Lucy" I say rushing to her and I pull her close to me. Her arms come around my waist loosely as my arms hold her tight. I can feel her whole body shaking. What's happened I think as the worst possibilities go around my head. "I switched off her car" Nuno says shutting the front door.

"Is she ok?" he asks and I don't know how to answer him. "Lucy" I whisper easing my arms up. I hold her chin so she looks at me but her eyes are blank. She's numb. Her whole body is numb. "Let's get you out of these clothes" I say. "Do you want me to call anyone?" Nuno asks concerned. "I've got her" I say as she stays close by side as I turn and walk back towards the stairs. We walk to my room and into the bathroom.

"Let's get you out of these clothes" I say as she stands in my bathroom looking completely lost. Her hands shake at her side and I move to unhook the two closed buttons of her coat. She lets me shrugged the coat off her all with a blank look on her face. She's so quiet. I have no idea what has happened but I need for her to talk soon or I won't be able to cope myself. I wrap a towel around her and gently rub her arms.

"I'll find you something to wear" I whisper placing a kiss on her forehead. I hesitate leaving her but she needs something dry and warm to wear. More importantly it might give her enough time to able to talk to me. I've never seen her like this I think as I walk quickly to a chest of drawers and pull out a Nike shirt of mine. Actually I have seen her like this once before. The night Tina died.

"Oh God" I mutter rushing back to the bathroom as horrible thoughts swirl around my head. I find Lucy where I left her expect tears are flowing down her cheeks. "Luce" I say holding her cheek in the palm of my hand. "Lucy what has happened?" I ask and she her teary eyes stare up into my face. "Baby" she whispers and my stomach drops. "What about the baby? Lucy answer me please. Is the baby ok? Did something happen?" I ask holding her by the shoulders. "The baby...I'm not going to be....The baby will leave me..." she stutters. "Leave you? What? Lucy answer me. Has something happened to make you think that there's something wrong with the baby? Have you fallen?" I ask desperate for an answer.

"No" she says. "No you haven't fallen?" I ask. "Yes..I mean.." she stutters. "Have you fallen? Yes or No?" I ask. "No" she says. "Ok let's get you into this shirt and into bed" I say. "Cris" she says as lift the bottom of the shirt she is wearing. "Let's get you changed and then we can talk. Ok?" I ask and she nods. She raises her hands over her head as I lift the shirt and I quick pull the Nike shirt over her body. Thankfully she didn't get too wet by the rain and doesn't need a shower. Once she's dressed, I take her by the hand and we walk towards my bed. I pull back the covers and she slides in. I quickly walk around to my side of the bed and lay beside her. She turns to face me. I stroke her cheek with my thumb. "Lucy tell me what has you so upset please" I beg.

"The baby" she whispers. "You said the baby was fine. I can get a doctor to look at you to make sure it is" I say. "I had a fight with Josh" she whispers. "With Josh. Wait then what about the baby. Lucy you'll have to explain this to me please" I say confused. "I've been thinking about sorting through Tina's room" she says with a sob. "Oh" I say knowing how hard that must be for her to think about not to mind eventually doing.

"I told Josh today" she says. "And he didn't like it?" I ask already knowing the answer. "He says that I'm forgetting about her. That I want to wipe all memory of her. That's it's my fault she's not here..." she sobs. "Lucy it's not your fault" I say. "I....went to bed and....